User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Mon 11-Mar-13 14:19:37
Print Post

EE/Orange Line rental

[link to this post]

As far as I know EE/Orange do not have line rental saver, do they?

Line rental from EE is required at a cost of £14 per month or £132 per year with line rental saver (equivalent of £11 per month).

It says they do here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/everythingeverywhe...

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/everythingeverywhe...

http://recombu.com/digital/news/broadband-line-renta...

EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps. Sync 13181 kbps Downstream, 1264 kbps Upstream.
Bright Box ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 11-Mar-13 15:06:47
Print Post

Re: EE/Orange Line rental

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

Some providers don't display stuff like line rental savers - i.e. you need to know about it and ask for it.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User vimto_girl
(regular) Wed 17-Apr-13 12:55:19
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Some providers don't display stuff like line rental savers - i.e. you need to know about it and ask for it.

I know about it, and have located it in the current EE Broadband and Home Phone Price Guide (p18) This document is available under www.ee.co.uk/terms

It is however proving impossible to sign up to EE broadband and purchase their line rental saver. There is simply no option when attempting to purchase online (where the competitive broadband promotions are anyway).

Phoned sales several times now as the next step, and asked two managers, who have said in robust terms that Line Rental Saver does not exist and when pointed to their price guide, insist it should not be listed in that document and it will and cannot be offered.

Have contacted Gavin of EE here to see if he can help in the meantime...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User vimto_girl
(regular) Fri 19-Apr-13 11:35:11
Print Post

[re: vimto_girl] [link to this post]

I have now received in writing official word from a senior manager, it may be useful to others.

In short, the EE Line Rental Saver does exist as a service, and is correctly listed in the Price Guide. However, it is a service which is only offered at the discretion of the Retentions Department, it is not a service which can be ordered at the customer's will or that is available to new customers. It is incorrect for it to be listed on comparison sites or info sites such as TBB.

After much effort and persuasion, a goodwill credit to compensate for the misleading availability of the service was offered. Thanks to Gavin for arranging help on the matter.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 19-Apr-13 12:28:37
Print Post

[re: vimto_girl] [link to this post]

No mention now of line saver on the listings now.

It is a pain when nice options like this are removed, but no-one in the system informs anyone that it has gone from the listings, rather than just being difficult to find.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to