User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Nickthom73
(newbie) Mon 18-Mar-13 09:38:15
Print Post

EE Regrade to WBC - now no internet access 20days +

[link to this post]

Looking for some help as EE are not providing any!! - I have been with EE / Orange / wanadoo / freeserve for over 15 years, no real issues - speed has been poor but it served my purpose.
1 month ago EE contacted my to inform me that the livebox & second line service was to be discontinued and offered an alternative - I took up the offer as I had been with the company since 1999, never used thier tech support as i could manage configuration myself and no real line issues.
Was sent a new bright box - replaced my livebox and was up and running with no issues - 10 days later a regarde took place (I was unaware of this) and my internet state bacame disconneted - 20 days later I still have no intenet access, over 30 calls to varoius Customer service reps / tech support - no solution - just being passed from department to department - tech suport L1 to L2, then onto customer services who tell me it was a BT problem ( Have both broad band and land line with EE)
I have been told that the issue maybe due to a change from an IP Stream setup the the WBC network - however cannot be confirmed. Trying a factory reset on the router everyday along with the BT_Test_user login just to see if anything has changed overnight and to prevent the same routine everytime I call support.
My line line works fine - Broadband state is connected but internet state is disconnected.
The new router worked fine until the regarde at EE, my neighbour also has a EE brightbox and is up and running fine - so I can't understand we it should be a BT problem.
Tried putting the livebox back - same problem - even dug out my old speed touch adsl modem in an attempt to get connected - same problem!

EE have advise after 30days continued disruption they will issue my MAC code - so it looks like I must wait another 8 days and then move - so much for customer loyalty looks like they have given up and would like me to do the same.

If anyone can point me or EE in the right direction it would be very welcomed
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 18-Mar-13 10:31:13
Print Post

Re: EE Regrade to WBC - now no internet access 20days +

[re: Nickthom73] [link to this post]

If the ADSL line is reporting a connection speed in the Brightbox but no internet access then it suggest an authentication problem.

Either BT Wholesale have messed up when regrading you, or unknown to you EE has changed the credentials, or EE has somehow locked your account out of their authentication system.

Does the modem get an IP address if you change the login to a BT Wholesale test one
speedtest@speedtest_domain

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Mon 18-Mar-13 11:04:10
Print Post

This looks like one for Gavin the EE Broadband Rep!

There is obviously a communications problem between EE and BT, although you are with EE Broadband the network belongs to and is operated by BT with instructions from EE. wink

**Make sure you have input your correct username and password in the router.**

If you get no where with phone calls to EE customer support then write inů
If you really do want to write in please include your...
broadband account number.
email address
telephone number
name
postal address
...so we know who you are and can get back to you right away.
contact address
Orange Customer Care
Orange UK Plc
PO Box 486
Rotherham
S63 5ZX

http://help.orange.co.uk/orangeuk/support/personal/c...

http://help.orange.co.uk/orangeuk/support/personal/2...

EE Orange/T-Mobile home broadband router settings.

BOADBAND SETTINGS
This page provides advanced settings to connect your EE Broadband service

Broadband Type ADSL
Broadband Username:
Broadband Password:

Protocol: PPPoA
VPI/VCI: 0/38
Encapsulation: VC MUX
Internet IP Address: Dynamic
IP Address: 0.0.0.0
Subnet Mask: 0.0.0.0
DNS IP Address: Manual
Primary DNS: 193.36.79.101
Secondary DNS: 193.36.79.100
Connection Type: Always Connected
Idle Time: 0 (minutes)
Authentication Protocol: CHAP
MTU (576~1500): 1500

EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps. Sync 13181 kbps Downstream, 1264 kbps Upstream.
Bright Box ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 4M2
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 18-Mar-13 11:38:08
Print Post

In reply to a post by Nickthom73:
EE have advise after 30days continued disruption they will issue my MAC code - so it looks like I must wait another 8 days and then move - so much for customer loyalty looks like they have given up and would like me to do the same.

A MAC key and a migration to another ISP would be my favoured option...sounds like Orange support are a complete waste of time!
Standard User Nickthom73
(newbie) Mon 18-Mar-13 11:42:12
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thank you for the info, I don't get an IP address issued from either log in, BT Test User or my own.
I have asked EE to reconfirm on thier server that my username and password is still valid, its correct to thier system however I have asked the question if their server is correct.
When EE run a line test - i can see the data light on the router is active, i also note the upstream and downstream speeds changing on the router.

I have had 18 promises of return calls from Tech / customer services - however i am still waiting.

The support and communication with EE has gone past the point of frustration - it appears if I want to stay with them - must try to resolve the problem myself - nobody at EE actually owns the problem.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 18-Mar-13 13:07:39
Print Post

In reply to a post by Nickthom73:
I have asked EE to reconfirm on their server that my username and password is still valid
You can check that yourself by trying to log in to your Member Centre with them here: https://web.orange.co.uk/r/login/

What lights show on the BrightBox?

What does it show in the top, Internet, section of its Status page?

What are the router stats on the Advanced Settings/ System/ ADSL Status page?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User Nickthom73
(newbie) Mon 18-Mar-13 19:14:37
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Many Thanks for your time,

Light on brightbox showing :-

Power Light :- On
Globe Light :- Slow flash (1sec)
Data Light :- off

Satus =

Type: ADSL
Broadband State: Connected
Internet State : Disconnected
DownStream: 3271
Upstream 1115
Username / password - confirmed as o.k, will allow me to log into myaccount and checked with EE support.

BB Type : ADSL
Protocol: pppoa
VPI/VCI : 0/38
IP laughynamci
IP Address: 0.0.0.0 (not being issued - same condition when using BT test log in account)
Authentication protocol : CHAP
MTU 1492.

Any advice would be welcomed
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 18-Mar-13 19:45:29
Print Post

Yes, you are syncing OK but failing to authenticate with Orange's server with your correct credentials. Orange cannot have registered you correctly with their authentication (CHAP) server. What does it say about that in the log @ Advanced Settings/ System/ System Log?

Re: The 2nd block you posted: I actually asked for Advanced Settings/ System/ ADSL Status.

EDIT: It's disgusting that they cannot have sorted out such a simple problem in over 20 days. Time for written formal complaint and compensation?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Edited by XRaySpeX (Mon 18-Mar-13 19:47:41)

Standard User Nickthom73
(newbie) Mon 18-Mar-13 21:56:38
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

really appreciate your time on this
System log:-
Fri Jan 2 11:06:13 1970 PPP:LCP sending CONFREQ
(repeating every 3 seconds)
ADSL Status
Configured Current
Link Status --- SHOWTIME
Link Type --- Fast Path
Op Mode auto G992.3(adsl2)

Upstream 1115
Downstream 3271
Near End Far End
Noise Margin 6.4 7.4
Line Attenuation 26.5 42
Output Power 12.7 0.0
Fast Path Correction 0 0
Interleaved corr NA NA
Fast Path crc 368 201
interleave crc NA NA
Loss Signal defect 3 0
HEC error STR 1188 189
Error seconds 966 623

Stats
Recieved Cells 5
Transmitted 1506
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 19-Mar-13 01:43:24
Print Post

How long since you last re-synced? Should be "Time Connected" in that 1st Status Internet block, but you didn't copy it. Also "Internet IP Address" there (the other IP addy of zeros is always 0). Copy/Paste is best.

That System Log didn't tell us anything. It's probably scrolled off.

Power OFF/ON the router, wait a few mins , then copy the System Log and the Status Internet block again here.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to