User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User lee303
(newbie) Thu 21-Mar-13 18:02:18
Print Post

EE Nightmare

[link to this post]

Hi there,

Signed up to EE home phone and broadband 5 weeks ago, and i've still to receive broadband.

On my initial call, I was told i'll be able to get up to 20mb broadband, with a 10mb minimum average. I handed over my bank details and that was that.

2 days later, I decided to log on to their website, to check an estimate date of completion. To my shock, it was saying the maximum speed I can get is 2meg. I was straight on the phone. In the end, I was told the same, and I can't do nothing about it, the only thing I can do is cancel. I decided to see how it goes, and see what speed I can actually get. I was told my phone line would be active in 10 days. True to the word, it was. I was also told my broadband would be active 5-10 days after this.

10 days later, I contact them again, due to no broadband as promised. I was told that the order had been cancelled, and they will need to put the order in again? And I have to wait another 10 days. I wasn't contacted at all about this, and it took me calling them.

10 days after this, still no broadband. I contact them again, only to be told the order had been cancelled AGAIN.

I'm now waiting again. I've been promised that the order will go through this time, but we'll see.

Anyone else had a similar experience? First impressions are garbage.

-Lee
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 21-Mar-13 19:21:41
Print Post

Re: EE Nightmare

[re: lee303] [link to this post]

Do have BB now with someone else? If so, post your router stats.

What exchange are you on?

Put your phone # in here: http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome to get a real estimate and post the results.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User lee303
(newbie) Thu 21-Mar-13 20:01:59
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Still waiting for EE. Will give it til Monday, then i'll be on the blower to cancel.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Nickthom73
(newbie) Fri 22-Mar-13 10:14:00
Print Post

Unfortunately I'm having the same issues, I'm on my 5th week without broadband after a regarded, same story from EE - order was missing, order was cancelled, order has been replaced - now they are saying it's a BT problem - EE's service is unbelievably bad - every week they string you along until Friday - then tell you nobody is available until Monday, same pattern for 4 weeks - have now managed to get the MAC code out of them due to 30 days of disruption and I'm off, my only advice would be to do the same, Good Luck !
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Fri 22-Mar-13 11:53:24
Print Post

The EE/Orange line checker said the same for my WBC 20 Mbps ADSL broadband line connection, the achievable speed 2Mbps. It says the same for everyone, take no notice of what that says. crazy

Also it sounds like you confused them by cancelling the order. frown

EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps. Sync 13181 kbps Downstream, 1264 kbps Upstream.
Bright Box ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 22-Mar-13 13:18:14
Print Post

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

Yes, on 20 Meg achieving line it says on "find out more about speed":
The speed estimate at registration or the speed we have measured on your line is 2.0Mb.
whereas on "change your package" it says:
We've checked out your line and your estimated speed is 13.0 Meg.
Your estimated fibre speed is 67.5 Meg.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Edited by XRaySpeX (Fri 22-Mar-13 13:19:34)

ISP Representative UKDoc
(isp) Fri 22-Mar-13 13:19:21
Print Post

Hello Lee,

I am sorry to hear of the issue you are having, if you want to send me your broadband line details by PM, I will see what I can do, to get this escalated and have a senior team member discuss your concerns regarding cancellation.

Regards

Gavin

Gavin
EE Broadband

'Here to help'
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to