I used to have a Livebox with the second line service and ADSL Max. When Orange have discontinued that service, I agreed to pay them a bit more money to upgrade to an ADSL2+ service and daytime/evening calls.
However, since the regrade on the 8th March, the speed I sync with the exchange has gone down from 7200kbps (the evening before the upgrade - and pretty static for the last three years), to 5195kbps now.
I've lost 2 megabits by upgrading to ADSL2+.
I tried calling Orange technical support, but they just claimed that the speed I get is within the range acceptable for my line. Which is no help at all - I'm paying more money for a worse service!
My SNR margin on the Livebox used to be pretty static at 6, but according to the Brightbox, I now have a noise margin of 10.2.
Now, I must admit, I did end up disconnecting the router 3-4 times during the first few days of the stabilisation period, so my guess is that this might have affected things.
My questions are:
1. Will my SNR go back down over time, giving me a faster connection again?
2. If so, how long is it likely to take?
3. Is it possible for Orange to restart the stabilisation period again? Orange tech support tell me not, but I've read on forums that this is possible.
4. Orange tech support tell me there's nothing they can do - But is it possible that I would be better off going back to ADSL Max? Is this possible? If I set my Brigthbox to connect using "ADSL", will this help things?
5. My connection used to be interleaved, but now it is "Fast Path". Should I ask for my line to be set back to interleaved, or is this handled automatically on ADSL2+?
According to the Brightbox, my line stats are:
Line Status --- SHOWTIME
Link Type --- Fast Path
Operation Mode Automatic G992.5(ADSL2+)
Data Rate Information
Stream Type Actual Data Rate
Upstream 1080 (Kbps.)
Downstream 5195 (Kbps.)
Operation Data Upstream Downstream
Noise Margin 5.9 dB 10.2 dB
Line Attenuation 26.9 dB 48.5 dB
Indicator Name Near End Indicator Far End Indicator
Output Power 12.7 dBm 0.0 dBm
Fast Path FEC Correction 0 0
Interleaved Path FEC Correction NA NA
Fast Path CRC Error 76 86
Interleaved Path CRC Error NA NA
Loss of Signal Defect 0 0
Fast Path HEC Error STR 142 54
Interleaved Path HEC Error NA NA
Error Seconds 65 63
Received Cells 2447330
Transmitted Cells 2045841
Thanks for your help!
Edited by radman_bob (Thu 04-Apr-13 13:38:08)