User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jackthomson
(newbie) Sun 14-Apr-13 19:59:24
Print Post

Brightbox router keeps dropping Wifi connection

[link to this post]

I've been with Orange for a couple of months and 95% of the time everything works fine. However what's annoying is that reasonably frequently the Brightbox router keeps dropping the Wifi connection. Then I have to reboot the router several times to get it working again.

I know it's the router as it effects my laptop, phones and tablet. And if you connect to the router via Ethernet then it works fine so it's just the Wifi connection. I've only got 1 neighbour and I've tried changing the wifi channel so I don't think it's interference. This problem never occurred with my Sky router previously.

So has anyone got any suggestions on how best to debug/progress this? It feels like I haven't got a setting right somewhere as it works ok almost all the time. But I'm stuck and not sure how to make progress now.
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Sun 14-Apr-13 22:10:38
Print Post

Re: Brightbox router keeps dropping Wifi connection

[re: jackthomson] [link to this post]

Have you configure the Bright Box router wireless settings the same as the Sky wireless router settings as you say it worked successfully?

Have you used the Bright Box router (Intelligent wireless) to connect to the best available wireless channel? By default the router will automatically select the channel with the least interference in your area.

Note: Setting the Wireless Channel or Extension Channel to 12 or 13 may sometimes cause compatibility issues with some wireless devices.

In desperation you could use the Sky wireless router as the wireless access point for your LAN wireless network.

EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps. Sync 13377 kbps Downstream, 1276 kbps Upstream. thinkbroadband/SpeedTest
Bright Box ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by EE/Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router
Standard User jackthomson
(newbie) Mon 15-Apr-13 11:03:49
Print Post

Re: Brightbox router keeps dropping Wifi connection

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply. I have used the Intelligent Wireless setting but that didn't resolve the problem.

And frustratingly, I got rid of my Sky router as I didn't think I had a need for it so am not sure what the exact settings were.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to