User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User timed
(newbie) Sun 09-Jun-13 07:19:14
Print Post

4G Mobile Broadband not connecting to Orange Webmail

[link to this post]

In April I upgraded my mobile broadband from 3G Orange to 4G EE , anticipating 4G roll out in my location.
Since then I haven't been able to access my "fsnet" Email account through http://web.orange.co.uk/p/communicate/home although I can through Live Mail & Mail2Web .
I use both a Laptop & a notebook with the same result .
Error message I receive is HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error ) .
No problems when using WiFi .
Orange & EE have been unhelpful .
Can anyone advise ?
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 09-Jun-13 12:28:00
Print Post

Re: 4G Mobile Broadband not connecting to Orange Webmail

[re: timed] [link to this post]

fsnet mailboxes were the free webmail only a/c's that Orange gave to anyone years ago. My family have been unable to access theirs for ages and you can no longer obtain one from the link you posted.
In reply to a post by timed:
although I can through Live Mail & Mail2Web
Does that mean you can access the fsnet a/c indirectly via Live Mail & Mail2Web on your mobile? Or that you can just access Live Mail & Mail2Web on you mobile?

Can you access the fsnet a/c directly from the browser on your Laptop or notebook?

I believe these webmail a/c's are now defunct w/out Orange telling anyone.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC - BQM
Standard User timed
(newbie) Sun 09-Jun-13 13:02:11
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Hi.
Thanks for your reply.
I use my "fsnet" account every day ( at the moment through Live Mail & Mail2Web ) on Notebook & Laptop - I do not have a mobile phone with Email facilities .
The link I mentioned through the Orange Webpage is to access my existing "fsnet" a/c Emails ; ie: I just enter my email address & password then hit Sign In .
Up until the moment I upgraded to EE 4G it was working perfectly .
As I say when using WiFi ( eg. in a coffee shop ) No problem through the link mentioned.
As the Error message - HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error) may indicate an Orange Server problem - I'm at a loss .

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 09-Jun-13 13:22:09
Print Post

( at the moment through Live Mail & Mail2Web )
I don't understand what that means. Can you explain a bit more fully, preferably in terms of Live Mail (which is now Outlook) which I have?

I see on that link you mentioned where you can enter email address & password. Does that work on on your Notebook & Laptop? In which case it would not be "through Live Mail & Mail2Web". Hence I am confused!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC - BQM
Standard User timed
(newbie) Sun 09-Jun-13 18:09:25
Print Post

Hi. There - Many thanks for taking an interest in my problem.

Through Live Mail - I can enter my Email address & Password & receive the Emails which have been sent to my "fsnet" Email account .
When I go through the link http://web.orange.co.uk/p/communicate/home on either my Notebook or Laptop ( to attempt to access my Email Account messages ) & enter my Email Address & Password , I receive this Internal Orange Server Error Message:

The website encountered an error while retrieving http://email.orange.co.uk/. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

I can only assume Orange/EE Servers have a compatability problem.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 09-Jun-13 20:10:19
Print Post

Cannot Connect to Orange Webmail Page

Through Live Mail - I can enter my Email address & Password & receive the Emails which have been sent to my "fsnet" Email account
Out of interest, where do you set that up in Live Mail's settings? I don't see it.

If I understand you correctly. your problem is simply that on all devices, mobile, notebook or laptop, using your home Orange/EE BB connection, probably by WiFi, the page http://web.orange.co.uk/p/communicate/home fails to load in any of your Browsers. Is that correct?

That is certainly a DNS problem. What DNS are set in your router. Try changing them to Open DNS : 208.67.222.222 & 208.67.220.220 . I can get that page OK here.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 09-Jun-13 20:16:51
Print Post

I use both a Laptop & a notebook with the same result .
Error message I receive is HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error ) .
No problems when using WiFi .
confused

If there is no problem using the Laptop & a notebook over WiFi, when is there a problem ("same result") with them? Over what?

EDIT: I think you are trying to say there is no problem with any of them when away from home using somebody else's WiFi, but only at home using your router's WiFi.

Edited by XRaySpeX (Sun 09-Jun-13 20:22:01)

Standard User timed
(newbie) Mon 10-Jun-13 08:05:38
Print Post

Hi,
Just to clarify , I do not have a Mobile phone with Email facility or WiFi at home , or a fixed telephone line at home or a Router.
I only connect to the Internet at home through a Huawei Mobile Broadband Dongle .
I use WiFi when away from home .

If I use the EE 4G Mobile Broadband Dongle ( Huawei E392 ) to connect to the Internet , in either my Notebook or Laptop , at home or away from home , I cannot connect to my "fsnet" Email account through http://web.orange.co.uk/p/communicate/home & receive the following error message : Server error
The website encountered an error while retrieving http://email.orange.co.uk/. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

DNS on Laptop are : 109.249.185.224

Hope the info. above helps.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 10-Jun-13 12:59:05
Print Post

Duh! I thought as you were posting under the EE etc ISP Forum that you had EE as your ISP. Perhaps Mobile BB Forum would have been better. I also find your description of your issue confusing. I still not clear which devices work where over what connection. My latest understanding is:-

There is no actual mobile phone involved.

Both your PCs fail to load the stated webpage at home using the Mobile Broadband Dongle.

Both your PCs fail to load the stated webpage away from home over WiFi, altho' in 1 post you say they can and the next you say they can't.

All the same, your problem is certainly as DNS issue. Where did you get those DNS values? They are not Orange's DNSs.

Check all devices, incl. the BB dongle, for DNS settings and change them to 1 of these sets:
Orange DNS: 193.36.79.100 & 193.36.79.101
Open DNS : 208.67.222.222 & 208.67.220.220
Google DNS: 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4
Norton DNS: 198.153.192.50 & 198.153.194.50

Print Thread

Jump to