User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User casper1234
(newbie) Fri 21-Jun-13 11:39:37
Print Post

Slow Internet

[link to this post]

I have recently moved house and asked EE before we move to give an estimate of the new houses internet speed, they said above 8Mb, moved in plugged router into main socket got BT VDSL frontplate checked everything was tight and have no extension wiring and I'm lucky if Im getting 5.5Mb. There is a black juntion box on the wall where the cable has obviously been joined and it has jelly connectors inside. When I have checked the attenuation the speed should be around 8Mb. Could anyone tell me if it looks like there is a problem from the stats? Also noticed that the upload NM changes between 2.3 and 6db from one second to the next but the download NM is stable.

ADSL Status

This page shows information about your ADSL connection if applicable.
Status
Configured Current
Line Status --- SHOWTIME
Link Type --- Fast Path
Operation Mode Automatic G992.5(ADSL2+)
Data Rate Information
Stream Type Actual Data Rate
Upstream 1063 (Kbps.)
Downstream 6167 (Kbps.)
Defect/Failure Indication
Operation Data Upstream Downstream
Noise Margin 6.4 dB 5.9 dB
Line Attenuation 24.8 dB 44.0 dB
Indicator Name Near End Indicator Far End Indicator
Output Power 12.7 dBm 0.0 dBm
Fast Path FEC Correction 0 0
Interleaved Path FEC Correction NA NA
Fast Path CRC Error 0 0
Interleaved Path CRC Error NA NA
Loss of Signal Defect 0 0
Fast Path HEC Error STR 0 0
Interleaved Path HEC Error NA NA
Error Seconds 282 0
Statistics
Received Cells 234
Transmitted Cells 295
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 21-Jun-13 12:43:17
Print Post

Re: Slow Internet

[re: casper1234] [link to this post]

You'll never get > 8 Meg from that line. Max sync is about 7.5 Meg so you are running a bit below par. Otherwise stats are good.

NM should not fluctuate that much. Can you get the stats from the hidden test socket, behind the faceplate and, I think, the other removable bit? Any phone extension sockets?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User casper1234
(newbie) Fri 21-Jun-13 13:55:22
Print Post

Re: Slow Internet

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

These are from the test socket, I don't have any extensions anyway, I have even tried changing the lead from the router for a short screened cat5e cable which did help but only marginally 5Mb to 5.25Mb but it did improve the attenuation a bit. EE have also reset the SNR profile but it still stays at 6db not 3db, I was considering getting a router that I can tweek the SNR manually but I'm not sure how much difference it will make.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to