User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User beardedwonder
(regular) Tue 20-Aug-13 13:56:50
Print Post

241 code with just broadband

[link to this post]

I remember this coming up a long time ago and have just found out how to get the code.

You just text the first part of your broadband username to 60005 (i think 80241 will work as well)

So for: bloggs437.orangehome.co.uk
text: bloggs437
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Wed 21-Aug-13 12:36:26
Print Post

Re: 241 code with just broadband

[re: beardedwonder] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by beardedwonder:
I remember this coming up a long time ago and have just found out how to get the code.

You just text the first part of your broadband username to 60005 (i think 80241 will work as well)

So for: bloggs437.orangehome.co.uk
text: bloggs437
Thanks alot, but not much use to me, these days I donít go to the cinema and I certainly do not dine at PizzaExpress.

http://web.orange.co.uk/p/film/cinema_tickets

EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps unlimited. Sync 15282 kbps Downstream, 1276 kbps Upstream. thinkbroadband/SpeedTest
Bright Box ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by EE/Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 21-Aug-13 12:58:27
Print Post

[re: beardedwonder] [link to this post]

& what does that do? Register you for Orange Weds (as my local cinema still calls it) or responds with a 2-4-1 ticket?

As you said, in my thread about loss of Orange Weds for non-Orange landline users, you had already registered, I take it that it was to get the actual ticket.

The published method for doing this is to text 'CINEMA' to 60005, so I expect it doesn't matter what word you put in the text as it recognises you as already registered.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User beardedwonder
(regular) Fri 23-Aug-13 00:31:48
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
& what does that do? Register you for Orange Weds (as my local cinema still calls it) or responds with a 2-4-1 ticket?

As you said, in my thread about loss of Orange Weds for non-Orange landline users, you had already registered, I take it that it was to get the actual ticket.

The published method for doing this is to text 'CINEMA' to 60005, so I expect it doesn't matter what word you put in the text as it recognises you as already registered.

I tried to register following that method but it didn't work, it said
Sorry, we do not recognise your landline. Please contact EE customer care at...
I rang EE and they said that they were having problems with that method and they told me to use the method that I demonstrated in the first post.

We used to have an Orange mobile as well which is what we used to get the 241 ticket previously.

All I did was text my username to that number and I got a reply with my 241 ticket, there was no need to register in the way described on the EE website. I'm sure this will work for anyone with EE/Orange broadband.

Edited by beardedwonder (Fri 23-Aug-13 00:36:00)

Print Thread

Jump to