User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Thu 12-Sep-13 19:59:23
Print Post

EE requesting second email address

[link to this post]

We'd like to get to know you better
You don't seem to have registered a preferred email address which we could use to keep in touch with you.
All you need to do is enter your email address below and we'll send you an email to this address to verify it. You'll need to click on the link we send you within 24 hours to verify your email.
If you don't have a preferred email address, that's not a problem, just click "Skip this step".

So I entered my Orange email address which is my preferred email address and receive back from Orange...

Sorry, but the email address you entered is an Orange email address. You cannot use an Orange email address here. Your Orange email address is already stored in your website account.

Why do EE/Orange want an email address that is not with EE/Orange and is it a good move to give them a second email address?

https://web.orange.co.uk/id/profilemanagement.php?rm...

EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps unlimited. Sync 15282 kbps Downstream, 1276 kbps Upstream. thinkbroadband/SpeedTest
Bright Box ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by EE/Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router

Edited by E7er (Thu 12-Sep-13 20:19:53)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 13-Sep-13 13:10:29
Print Post

Re: EE requesting second email address

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

In case there's summit up with Orange email or they need to send a password reminder for your Orange email that you've forgotten password and therefore cannot login (unlikely)?

Can't see any harm in giving them it, but I don't by clicking 'Skip' and bear the repetition of this request on the rare occasions I access my Member's Centre.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
  Print Thread

Jump to