User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 14-Dec-13 10:57:35
Print Post

EE not giving the full picture to new customers.

[link to this post]

I wonder if anyone from EE/orange reads this forum.

My brother have been with the post office for years, as most people know they have recently changed to the Talk Talk network, anyway, my brother had a phone call from EE a few weeks back as he have been with Orange for mobile for even longer. EE gave him a offer of some sort to have their phone service and broadband and told him that the service would up and running on 11th of December and that his router will be with him on the 19th.

For a start his phone service did not get going when they said and he phoned them up to get it sorted and 1 day later than it should have been his phone is now working, but no broadband.

He thought that his post office broadband would continue until he had his new broadband. so he phoned me a couple of days back wondering why he could not get online. i sussed it out after remembering that the post office have changed to the Talk Talk network that it would take longer after the phone service went on line because of the reason that it was on the Talk talk network and EE uses BT. But why was he not told that, he is not technical minded, mechanical minded yes, not not technical. My brother don't know anything about LLU, what network he is on, nor should he have to. EE should have told him that he would not have any broadband for a few days.

The problem my brother is having is one of the reasons why I did not like and still don't like full LLU.
If EE or any other ISP is going to phone people up to try and get them onto their service, then they should explain properly what is going to happen, how long the service is going to be down and any other problems that may happen.

i know for a fact that if my brother had realise that he would have lost his broadband for a week and his phone for a couple of days, phone is more important then he would have stayed with the post office.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

ALLPAY Wireless broadband
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 14-Dec-13 11:09:09
Print Post

Re: EE not giving the full picture to new customers.

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
The problem my brother is having is one of the reasons why I did not like and still don't like full LLU.

There's no technical reason why switching from and to full LLU should result in more than an hour of downtime. It sounds to me like EE did not submit a simultaneous provide order to Openreach.

Oliver.
Standard User Ianph
(committed) Sat 14-Dec-13 12:13:49
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

they did the same with me :-

ordered broadband+phone moving from TALKTALK LLU and was quoted a 17day turnaround but as i "THOUGHT" my service for bb would continue i went ahead, install day was quoted as 7th oct 2013 phoneline went over on the 8th then i had to wait till the 12th oct with no broadband

they did further mess my order up at first and i was charged £17 for calls that should of been free that got sorted as a credit on the next months bill so i had to pay it and wait to next month for it back, it is all sorted now and service is fine except local radio stations cannot hold a steady stream no matter what frown

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Sat 14-Dec-13 13:01:30
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

The process of moving broadband and telephone service LLU (Local Loop Unbundled) Metallic Path Facility (MPF)—often called a 'fully unbundled' service provided by companies like TalkTalk can be complicated, it’s best to arm yourself with the detailed procedures first. wink

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/guide/migration.html#s...

EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps unlimited. Sync 15282 kbps Downstream, 1276 kbps Upstream. thinkbroadband/SpeedTest
Bright Box ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by EE/Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 14-Dec-13 21:37:06
Print Post

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by E7er:
The process of moving broadband and telephone service LLU (Local Loop Unbundled) Metallic Path Facility (MPF)—often called a 'fully unbundled' service provided by companies like TalkTalk can be complicated, it’s best to arm yourself with the detailed procedures first. wink

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/guide/migration.html#s...

Not everyone is technical and while you and I know about LLU and yes I know what MPF is Metallic Path Facility and partial LLU is SMPF or Shared Metallic Path Facility, some people don't. when my brother had the letter from the post office saying they are are changing networks, there was nothing to say that it would be more of a pain to change providers.

This change from PO to EE is due to a sales call and my brother thought that it would save him money, which it will do once it is up and running.

I thought that EE/Orange had improved their customer service and service over the years as I know a few people with them on broadband and mobile and they seem to have a good service for their broadband anyway. i think Ee mobile service is still naff.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

ALLPAY Wireless broadband
  Print Thread

Jump to