User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Tue 24-Dec-13 12:06:41
Print Post

Re: Problem With BrightBox 1 Router on Fibre

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
In reply to a post by sully1311:
I think the Brightbox 2 is for Fibre only?
No, both! Just like BT HH5 and latest Sky router. We're heading towards 'wires-only' FTTC in New Year.
Yes! I look forward to the new policy of self-install FTTC fibre broadband service from December 31st 2013. I always thought it nuts with all the extra cost of an engineer to install the vDSL router and vDSL faceplate at the customerís premises.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2013/11/bt-open...

vDSL Faceplate http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007URQZAU/ref=as...

EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps unlimited. Sync 15282 kbps Downstream, 1276 kbps Upstream. thinkbroadband/SpeedTest
Bright Box ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by EE/Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router
Standard User Ianph
(committed) Tue 24-Dec-13 15:25:06
Print Post

[re: sully1311] [link to this post]

yes works for both adsl/fibre

got mine this morning and as for only ordering the replacement saturday i think this is very good delivery time and EE kept their word i am happy to say smile

it's nice being able to see the connection sync speed too, took a factory reset before my PC (win 8.1) would recognize the network type and let me connect to router setup pages via cable but wireless worked straight away i simply changed the ssid and pass to what was set on the brightbox 1 so no need to go around reconnecting devices for the kids ect

anyway,

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL + HAPPY NEW YEAR smile

Edited by Ianph (Tue 24-Dec-13 15:26:09)

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Tue 24-Dec-13 15:36:43
Print Post

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

I always thought it nuts with all the extra cost of an engineer to install the vDSL router and vDSL faceplate at the customerís premises.

Yes, all well and good if you are clued up on these things, but SO many people aren't. Expect for these boards to be awash with queries from those who have failed to set it up right.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ianph
(committed) Thu 26-Dec-13 15:50:29
Print Post

[re: sully1311] [link to this post]

happy to say the brightbox 2 is ahead of the brightbox 1 in everything i need it to do. websites work as intended with no buffering and online radio streams work for hours and hours without issue.

wireless is superb as with the tesco hudl my daughter had yesterday 5Ghz N yeilds 56MB down and 18MB up, 2.4Ghz N yeilds 14mb down and 14mb up in the same place which is 15 metres and 3 interior walls away from the router.

i am 100% happy with the EE brightbox 2

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to