User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User graemetacon
(newbie) Tue 28-Jan-14 20:23:33
Print Post

Brightbox as a repeater

[link to this post]

Hi,

I've just moved on EE Fibre broadband and use an Asus RT-N66U router. This sits on the ground floor of our three storey property. The signal on the top floor is not great, so I would like to add the Brightbox as a repeater/bridge on the second floor to boost the signal around the house. It would need to be connected wirelessly to the Asus. Is this possible ? If so, how do I do that.

Thanks
Graeme
Standard User Mike_Williams
(committed) Wed 29-Jan-14 09:28:59
Print Post

Re: Brightbox as a repeater

[re: graemetacon] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by graemetacon:
I've just moved on EE Fibre broadband and use an Asus RT-N66U router. This sits on the ground floor of our three storey property. The signal on the top floor is not great, so I would like to add the Brightbox as a repeater/bridge on the second floor to boost the signal around the house. It would need to be connected wirelessly to the Asus. Is this possible ? If so, how do I do that.
Best thing I can suggest is to get a pair of PowerLine adapters then connect to both the Asus and BrightBox, the upstairs PowerLine adapter to the Fibre input on the bright box. Just need to make sure that the ip ranges are different for each router ie 192.168.1.* for BrightBox and 192.168.0.* for Asus.
Just check the range of PowerLine adapter first, or buy them from somewhere where they take them back no questions asked.

Regards
Mike Williams

Info :-
Line: Length 250 metres
Modem router: Buffalo wbmr-hp-g300h + LinkSys wg54g both running dd-wrt firmware
IP Profile = Down 19418 kbps Up 1019 kbps

2012: EE WBC 20Mbps Down: 22010 kbps Up: 1019 kbps
2003: Demon ADSLMax 8Mbps Down: 8128 kbps Up: 448 kbps

Edited by Mike_Williams (Wed 29-Jan-14 09:30:33)

Print Thread

Jump to