User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Kneale
(regular) Fri 07-Feb-14 13:31:24
Print Post

Sky to EE

[link to this post]

Hi,

I've ordered EE landline and broadband and I'm currently with Sky. Do I need a MAC from Sky? The EE sales adviser on live chat said I did, Sky said I don't. Do EE advise Sky to cancel or do I need to contact them? Silly question, but when I moved from O2 to Sky, I didn't need to do anything and the O2 account was cancelled automatically.

Thanks
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 08-Feb-14 01:38:32
Print Post

Re: Sky to EE

[re: Kneale] [link to this post]

If you are Full LLU on Sky as you must be if your phone is with them, then the MAC process does not apply. OFCOM are bringing in new procedures to cover this but I don't think they are in place yet.

You will be responsible for timing the termination of your contract with Sky.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User Kneale
(regular) Sat 08-Feb-14 12:24:26
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Thank you.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Sat 08-Feb-14 14:20:24
Print Post

It looks like you need a Simultaneous Provision and obtain a Linked Order Reference Number. In the case of migration from full LLU to WBC broadband a MAC key may also be required.

Can I migrate from LLU to WBC?
If you are just moving your broadband from SMPF LLU to WBC then all you need is a MAC key.
If you are moving SMPF broadband and WLR telephone then you need a MAC key for your adsl. You should request that your new provider use a 'Parallel Order Process' for both events to occur on the same day, but its not unknown for some ISPs to first move the telephone service and then process the broadband.
Transferring telephone and broadband from full LLU to another provider will take some co-ordination and you must request a Simultaneous Provision - see below.

~ What is Simultaneous Provision?
Simultaneous Provision is a method used by BT Wholesale to link together a PSTN and broadband order, to reduce both downtime and any lead time for adsl.
Simultaneous Provision should be used when moving house or migrating from MPF LLU or Cable.
It is not necessary for the WLR provider and WBC provider to be the same, but you must advise both parties that you are requesting a Simultaneous Provision and that the first contact (be it the WLR or WBC provider) obtains a Linked Order Reference Number (LORN) which you must then give to the Service Provider that you contact next.
It is vital though that you stress that you are placing a Simultaneous Provide Order - which may also be known as a Linked Order Process. They should also give you a Linked Order Reference Number (LORN) to ensure the two orders are tied together.

When should Simultaneous Provision be used?
A Simultaneous Provision Order should be used in the following circumstances:-
Migration from MPF LLU or Cable (with or without broadband) to PSTN with Broadband.
New provision of both PSTN and Broadband services including moving house.
In the case of migration from full LLU to WBC broadband a MAC key may also be required.

http://www.kitz.co.uk/isp/migration.htm#sim_provision

https://www.btwholesale.com/shared/document/Library/...
--------------------------------

Fully Unbundled Lines (MPF)

Fully unbundled ISPs, such as those operated through Sky Broadband and TalkTalk's network, take total ownership of the voice line and broadband service. This can lead to cheaper consumer services but it may also make it slower and sometimes more costly to switch ISPs as the migration process is complicated by different ISP kit and processes. Downtime during migration is common.

http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/llu/mp...

Shared Unbundled Lines (SMPF)

SMPF ISPs, such Be Broadband and part of Sky Broadband's network, are very similar to MPF but have more migration flexibility because BT retains control of the line rental (i.e. voice line). As a result ISPs can offer a cheaper broadband service without having to pull you completely off BT's network, which makes switching ISPs faster and sometimes cheaper too.

http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/llu/mp...

EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps unlimited. Sync 15282 kbps Downstream, 1276 kbps Upstream. thinkbroadband/SpeedTest
Bright Box ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by EE/Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router

Edited by E7er (Sat 08-Feb-14 14:57:38)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 08-Feb-14 15:19:35
Print Post

When I posted last night I wanted to refer you to this: http://www.thinkbroadband.com/guide/migration.html but for some reason it wouldn;t load.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 08-Feb-14 15:21:57
Print Post

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by E7er:
In the case of migration from full LLU to WBC broadband a MAC key may also be required.
Never! Only for Partial LLU (SMPF).

Edited by XRaySpeX (Sat 08-Feb-14 15:22:33)

Standard User JonShaw
(newbie) Sun 09-Feb-14 19:49:52
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

I switched from Sky to EE in July 2013 and I'm counting down the days before I can switch back. It was without any shadow of a doubt the worst broadband move I have ever made. It's Sunday night and my 40Mbps fibre connection is unable to stream bbc iplayer at HD quality. After 1am I can stream HD once again but surprisingly I tend to be in bed and asleep at 1am.

This happens every weekend.

Appalling.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 09-Feb-14 22:54:53
Print Post

[re: JonShaw] [link to this post]

Traffic management has to be reasonable. If you feel it's unreasonable then you do have grounds to complain.

Oliver.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 09-Feb-14 23:32:22
Print Post

What exchange are you on?

Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Mon 17-Feb-14 10:50:58
Print Post

In reply to a post by JonShaw:
I switched from Sky to EE in July 2013 and I'm counting down the days before I can switch back. It was without any shadow of a doubt the worst broadband move I have ever made. It's Sunday night and my 40Mbps fibre connection is unable to stream bbc iplayer at HD quality. After 1am I can stream HD once again but surprisingly I tend to be in bed and asleep at 1am.

This happens every weekend.

Appalling.
I think you are referring to using BitTorrent p2p which EE throttle, I'm on EE ADSL2+ 20Mb/s connection and I can stream BBC iPlayer, YouTube and whatever with no slowdown or buffering. smile
I have the computer connected to the TV with HDMI cable and the router connected to the TV with Cat5e Ethernet cable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent

EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps unlimited. Sync 15282 kbps Downstream, 1276 kbps Upstream. thinkbroadband/SpeedTest
Bright Box ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by EE/Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router

Edited by E7er (Mon 17-Feb-14 11:43:08)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to