User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User chagle
(committed) Sat 01-Mar-14 17:23:05
Print Post

Sky Fibre -> EE Fibre.

[link to this post]

Hi All

Exchange : EACVI

I currently have Sky Fibre for £20 per month along with line rental with Sky (plus TV) but I like the idea of getting inclusive calls to mobiles.

So thinking of switching from Sky Fibre -> EE Fibre, already a EE customer so I guess I would get their existing customer discount.

Any recommend switching? I'm confused whether a MAC code would be required.

Did think about PlusNet also. However still a little undecided.

Admittedly my Sky Fibre just works and never given any issues, so I don't want to jump from an excellent ISP to a problematic one! smile

Cheers
G.

--
ADSL2+ LLU
Zen > Pipex > PlusNet > F2S > IDNet > Sky BB
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 02-Mar-14 07:13:22
Print Post

Re: Sky Fibre -> EE Fibre.

[re: chagle] [link to this post]

MAC not applicable from Full LLU. You need a Simultaneous Provide - read How to switch your broadband supplier.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User 2richard
(newbie) Sun 02-Mar-14 16:56:42
Print Post

[re: chagle] [link to this post]

As a current EE Fibre customer, I'd strongly recommend you don't switch to EE for the following reasons:

• Even if you're in EE's network area, your connection will still be heavily throttled at peak times, contrary to EE's traffic management policy. If you don't believe me, then scan through the threads in EE's forum.
  • EE's staff are hopelessly incompetent. When I asked them to change my call package, they somehow managed to switch me from VDSL2 (FttC) to ADSL! Yes, they actually sent an engineer to disconnect me from my street cabinet, leaving me with a slow ADSL connection for over a week at Christmas. When I asked them how they had managed to make such a serious error, they had the gall to blame it on their computer system!
  • Their technical support staff are based in India, speak broken English, and have no actual technical expertise they merely follow scripts.
  • I'm forced to use Google Public DNS because EE's own DNS servers randomly fail to respond to queries.
  • The Bright Box's (EE's router-modem) 802.11n transfer speed is slow and its software is full of security flaws.

Overall, it's been a terrible experience. EE are definitely one of the worst companies I've ever encountered in my entire life.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User chagle
(committed) Sun 02-Mar-14 18:03:57
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Thanks for the feedback.

From what I have seen, there are more 'cons' to switching to EE, than 'pros' ... I'll steer clear.

--
ADSL2+ LLU
Zen > Pipex > PlusNet > F2S > IDNet > Sky BB
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 02-Mar-14 19:01:40
Print Post

[re: 2richard] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 2richard:
Even if you're in EE's network area, your connection will still be heavily throttled at peak times, contrary to EE's traffic management policy.
What exchange? You may be 'out-of-area'.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User 2richard
(newbie) Sun 02-Mar-14 20:06:24
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

My exchange is CMKEN, but I've already determined I'm in EE's network area.
  Print Thread

Jump to