User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Ianph
(committed) Thu 24-Apr-14 09:28:26
Print Post

EE/BT Wholesale Getting Worse and Worse

[link to this post]

speeds on my fibre connection from 4pm till after 12pm are really starting to take the pee

when i had my connection installed in october 13 the connection only showed any signs of congestion late on sunday evenings and even then it was mild only going down to ~40meg on tbb speedtest

since january 14 its been going virtually downhill and now EVERY night i can only manage 6-8meg on tbb x1 test and 25-30meg on tbb x6 test

even steam only getting 2.5MB/s max while installing games where its normally 7.9MB/s

im going to phone today and tell them either sort it or im off its starting to even cause my gaming to lag low 15ms pings but jitter comes and goes untill i give up, last night 1 of my FIFA ultimate team online season games and 3-4 second pauses every 5-10 seconds

really not good at all frown

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
EE unlimited Fibre 76

72meg sync
EE Brightbox 2 (Ethernet Mode) + Openeach ECI Modem
Standard User Steven_belfast
(newbie) Thu 24-Apr-14 12:43:06
Print Post

Re: EE/BT Wholesale Getting Worse and Worse

[re: Ianph] [link to this post]

EE run traffic management on there network,
More info here ee fibre traffic management

Besting the following site to test speeds for any ISP's that piggy back off btw,

BTW Speedtest
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 24-Apr-14 13:07:16
Print Post

[re: Steven_belfast] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Steven_belfast:
EE run traffic management on there network,
But only slow down P2P & Newsgroups at most exchanges.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ianph
(committed) Thu 24-Apr-14 13:55:47
Print Post

[re: Steven_belfast] [link to this post]

my connection was fine from oct 13 to jan 14 when i suddenly lost 30meg attainable and am stuck just over 70meg (currently 70.35meg) and it really doesn't look like throttling as sometimes even with the tbb speedtest showing 25 - 30meg i can still get 2500 - 3500Kb/s from a linux distro torrent

EE are basically saying there's nothing i can do about the evening speed's as it's BT not themselves slowing things down

im seriously considering buying out my contract but currently waiting for a "manager" to call me

EE unlimited Fibre 76

72meg sync
Standard User Jadams14
(newbie) Thu 24-Apr-14 15:02:24
Print Post

[re: Ianph] [link to this post]

I went through this earlier in the year. I kept doing BT wholesale speed tests, occasionally I'd get requests to do the 3rd part of the test.

After 2 weeks constant of doing all the above I emailed the executive team highlighting the issue and quoting their own "traffic management" policy, at that point I was offered a penalty free cancellation.

I was also testing with BBC i checker and TBB and including those screenshots as well.
Standard User Ianph
(committed) Thu 24-Apr-14 17:53:29
Print Post

[re: Jadams14] [link to this post]

i spoke to customer support earlier today and after first going through the "script" and the rep saying my connection was fine i argued slightly and asked for a manager, this prompted the rep to start a complaint and he told me i'd be called back after a few hours

well 3 hours later i was called by a lady saying she was from fibre support, after nearly 40 mins on the phone landline+mobile, the line tests were showing slow speeds which indicated a fault so after 4 months or so of me saying what was dismissed by most as crosstalk really does turn out to be a fault

i will have a call to arrange an engineer appointment in 24/48 hours

fingers crossed! smile

EE unlimited Fibre 76

72meg sync
  Print Thread

Jump to