User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User timpent
(regular) Tue 20-May-14 11:53:31
Print Post

Migrating settings from Brightbox to Brightbox 2

[link to this post]

Hi, does anyone know if I can restore a saved backup.bin file from a Brightbox router onto a Brightbox 2 router? The reason being that I've set up some fixed IP addresses for various devices, and various access rules/time schedules for the kids, and I'd rather not have to set them all up again.

Thanks

Tim
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 20-May-14 13:15:06
Print Post

Re: Migrating settings from Brightbox to Brightbox 2

[re: timpent] [link to this post]

Suck it & see. Backup the BB2 1st.

Are you moving from ADSL to Fibre. If so you might need to set up the Fibre settings.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User timpent
(regular) Tue 20-May-14 13:57:07
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Thanks XRaySpeX, I thought that would be the general advice - I'll give it a go sometime soon. And yes, I am migrating to fibre and want to get the new router set up first with ADSL, then migrate it to the fibre settings once we've been switched over.

Because of all the problems we've had over the last year/18 months EE are giving us a pretty good deal on fibre for a year then it goes up to normal prices after that.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User timpent
(regular) Fri 23-May-14 12:44:06
Print Post

In reply to a post by timpent:
Hi, does anyone know if I can restore a saved backup.bin file from a Brightbox router onto a Brightbox 2 router? The reason being that I've set up some fixed IP addresses for various devices, and various access rules/time schedules for the kids, and I'd rather not have to set them all up again.

And the answer is that the backup.bin files aren't compatible between the two routers. It performs a check when you try a restore and warns you that it's the wrong file...

Tim
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 23-May-14 14:19:18
Print Post

Useful find!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
  Print Thread

Jump to