User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User firefusion
(newbie) Sat 21-Jun-14 07:45:33
Print Post

Debating moving from PlusNet to EE for the price

[link to this post]

I am currently with PlusNet and they have been excellent. Not a single problem in the year I have been with them. However money is tight and I can can an amazing deal if I move to EE (put an extra £257 back in my pocket).

It seems EE's traffic shaping is not as slick as PlusNet from what I read (which never slows down web traffic). Also the speed estimator on their site shows a lot slower speed than I currently get on PlusNet. I am assuming they use the same tech so it should end up the same right?

Is it a mistake to switch?
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 21-Jun-14 11:30:26
Print Post

Re: Debating moving from PlusNet to EE for the price

[re: firefusion] [link to this post]

EE use the same BTw platform as PN but don't have their own network; they share BTw's.

Every ISP's speed estimator is based on the BTw database and is often pessimistic. I bet you'll get the same estimate from PN if you pose as a new cust.

Essentially, EE BB is excellent but their Cust & Tech Support is atrocious.

So providing you don't need the latter, it's a good deal.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User voetsek
(regular) Sun 29-Jun-14 08:24:24
Print Post

Re: Debating moving from PlusNet to EE for the price

[re: firefusion] [link to this post]

Hi I have been with them 9 months so far been fine phoned them a few times got sorted fast and they have a contact via email and a twitter for mobiles
I am thinking of plusnet for fibre to cabinet as cheaper than E.E unless E.E offer me price match

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to