User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User RiffRaff
(knowledge is power) Mon 07-Jul-14 11:14:04
Print Post

EE's standings in OFCOM's latest broadband complaints stats

[link to this post]

'EE generated the most complaints for broadband as a proportion of its customer base during the first quarter of this year - 0.42 per 1,000 customers. Complaints were primarily driven by service faults, billing and issues with changing provider.'

Taken from http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/news/telecoms-complain...

Armed with my MAC I was thinking of migrating to EE, now I'm not so sure. I've had a peruse through some earlier pages in this forum and can see a number of issues which appear to reflect OFCOM's statistics. Having said that, my other consideration was Talk Talk, who scored badly too.

In short, would users who've had problems with either broadband or phone with EE - and with the benefit of hindsight - say it was worth the hassle to go with EE?

plusnet unlimited fibre
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Mon 07-Jul-14 14:03:17
Print Post

Re: EE's standings in OFCOM's latest broadband complaints st

[re: RiffRaff] [link to this post]

Iíve had no problems with EE/Orange and have been with them since 2005, the service has been great for me. I like the discount perks you get for home broadband cost, if you have a mobile phone with them. Also they have a fantastic website where you can see all the charges made for your home broadband and phone calls.
My second choice would be Plusnet if I was not with EE. wink

https://web.orange.co.uk/r/login/

EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps unlimited. Sync 15282 kbps Downstream, 1276 kbps Upstream. thinkbroadband/SpeedTest
Bright Box ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by EE/Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 07-Jul-14 14:11:20
Print Post

[re: RiffRaff] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RiffRaff:
would users who've had problems with either broadband or phone with EE
What about the majority of users who haven't had problems?

My BB connection with EE is fast and reliable other than the odd occasion BTOR engs are messing about in the exchange or cab, which can affect any BTw ISP.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 07-Jul-14 14:16:28
Print Post

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by E7er:
Also they have a fantastic website
It's rather an exaggeration to describe the EE website as 'fantastic'. It is sluggish, ugly, hard-to-navigate, contradictory and badly designed. Just as well one hardly needs to go to it.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 07-Jul-14 14:21:37
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

It is a pretty site, but I find it slow and difficult to navigate when updating listings for pricing and as an old Orange PAYG customer almost impossible to find out what a new PAYG sim deal might be compared to what I pay now.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 07-Jul-14 14:26:49
Print Post

The pricing for new customers is a bit different, since they dropped the discount for EE/T-Mobile/Orange customers a short while back.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/6489-big-revamp-o...

They had a period where fixed line customers were dropping away, but this has been turned around, a few tariff changes did not go down well with long time customers.

The Ofcom complaints figures are also difficult to judge, as its not the volume of actual faults, but just ones that people contact Ofcom about, and thus a provider may have a LOT more moans but due to the way they handle them internally people are happy, i.e. poor service balanced by refunds/discounts tends to keep most of the public happy.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Sat 12-Jul-14 17:34:14
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
It is a pretty site, but I find it slow and difficult to navigate when updating listings for pricing and as an old Orange PAYG customer almost impossible to find out what a new PAYG sim deal might be compared to what I pay now.
Phew! I eventually found links to the Orange PAYG animal plans... any good?

http://shop.ee.co.uk/devices/orange-tmobile

http://shop.ee.co.uk/devices/orange-tmobile/pay-as-y...

EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps unlimited. Sync 15282 kbps Downstream, 1276 kbps Upstream. thinkbroadband/SpeedTest
Bright Box ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by EE/Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router
Standard User Kail
(regular) Sun 13-Jul-14 15:58:52
Print Post

In reply to a post by E7er:
Phew! I eventually found links to the Orange PAYG animal plans... any good?

I've been on the Orange Dolphin from when it started. Originally you only got 100Mb data, I wanted to dabble a bit with the internet on my new smart phone at the time so it gave me a bit of usage to play with. They recently upped that to 1Gb, not enough if you watch videos all the time but good enough for simple web searches, email and occasional use of other apps like real time maps. I don't use the net much on my phone so it is a good package for me. I use it mainly because of the texts, 400 amply covers what I need. I top up then let the credit run down after the month is up before topping up again.

In case you don't know how the top ups work...

When you pay your top up you'll get a confirmation text and a 1 month period from that date in which to use the 1Gb data and 400 texts (with £10 top up). They normally remind you to top up again, a few days before the end of that month, as it is about to run out. When you do pass over the end of that month, or you exceed your allowances, any data and texts you use are then deducted from any credit you have on the phone until you top up again.

Dolphin Terms and Conditions. You can top up larger amounts and get more data and texts. There used to be a £5 top up with less texts available, it seems to have disappeared since they upped the data allowance. You can also use it with magic numbers to reduce call costs.

Hope this is helpful.
  Print Thread

Jump to