User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Bossworld
(regular) Sun 13-Jul-14 21:04:44
Print Post

Pages intermittently not loading on EE fibre

[link to this post]

Finding more and more recently that pages either don't load or don't complete loading. Pressing refresh usually makes it come up instantly, which makes me think it's a problem with the request itself. Speed itself is fine (stable 38mb).

I've gone into the Brightbox 2 and set the DNS servers to Google's own but doesn't seem to have made any difference. Rang EE's customer services today and after going through the usual rigmarole the chap said he'd changed some settings remotely (after running a line test). I'm not convinced he's done anything as from the Advanced tab I can't spot any differences and I've still got the problem.

Anyway it's not made things any better, and I'm just after any suggestions before I go back to EE? Would there be any benefit in lowering the MTU?

New build house, wiring is all as good as it can be, external NTE bypassed, ADSL v1.0 filtered face plate on the master socket. Same issue across several devices (iPads, laptops, wired PC).

Thank you

Edited by Bossworld (Sun 13-Jul-14 21:05:49)

Standard User Kail
(regular) Sun 13-Jul-14 23:27:59
Print Post

Re: Pages intermittently not loading on EE fibre

[re: Bossworld] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Bossworld:
Finding more and more recently that pages either don't load or don't complete loading.

I live in a much older house built the 60's with an original BT master socket from what I can tell. I'm having the same problem, after having problems with my copper based ADSL connection.

Try to go to a website or click a link and there is a long wait. Press F5 and the page will load normally. Otherwise the page either fails, partially loads or simply takes a looooong time to come up.
Standard User alanframe
(newbie) Mon 14-Jul-14 18:44:48
Print Post

[re: Kail] [link to this post]

I have the same problem and changing DNS did not work for me either. I did notice a thread over on the EE community with what seems top be the same problem. But no reply or solution there either. EE Community thread

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User slowdive
(newbie) Mon 14-Jul-14 19:07:20
Print Post

[re: alanframe] [link to this post]

And I've just posted my own thread with exactly the same issue!
At least it's not just me.
Standard User voetsek
(regular) Mon 14-Jul-14 19:29:31
Print Post

[re: slowdive] [link to this post]

same problem here on up to 17 meg nearly a week very slow and fails to load pages need to re fresh all the time.
Standard User slowdive
(newbie) Mon 14-Jul-14 22:30:02
Print Post

[re: voetsek] [link to this post]

And just as suddenly as the problem appeared it's disappeared. 22:15 and all of a sudden pages start loading perfectly again.
Fingers crossed it stays that way!
Standard User voetsek
(regular) Mon 14-Jul-14 22:51:54
Print Post

[re: slowdive] [link to this post]

Yes working fine here very strange just happy all ok now
Standard User Bossworld
(regular) Wed 16-Jul-14 11:20:15
Print Post

[re: voetsek] [link to this post]

Yep seems to have resolved itself at last. Still slightly bemused as to what changes (if any) the EE rep made to my router.
  Print Thread

Jump to