User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User eckiedoo
(committed) Mon 14-Jul-14 19:51:06
Print Post

Uptime or Time Connected on EE Bright Box 2, formerly "Estab

[link to this post]

I have not found Uptime/Time Connected listing on the Bright Box 2, corresponding to the "Established" information on the BB 1.

Have I overlooked something; or is there no direct equivalent?

Thanks
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 14-Jul-14 21:28:01
Print Post

Re: Uptime or Time Connected on EE Bright Box 2, formerly "E

[re: eckiedoo] [link to this post]

What "Established" information? I see none such on BB1. There is "Time Connected" on top Status page, which I imagine corresponds to same on BB2.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User eckiedoo
(committed) Mon 14-Jul-14 22:21:13
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Thanks, XRaySpex.

I had probably been looking for the BB 1 format-

dd hh:mm:ss

But on the BB 2-

hhh:mm:ss

as just copied-

374:47:03

Pattern recognition, perhaps?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 14-Jul-14 22:38:17
Print Post

Re: Uptime or Time Connected on EE Bright Box 2, formerly Es

confused Dunno wot you are talking about!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User glossywhite
(member) Tue 15-Jul-14 00:40:48
Print Post

In reply to a post by eckiedoo:
Thanks, XRaySpex.

I had probably been looking for the BB 1 format-

dd hh:mm:ss

But on the BB 2-

hhh:mm:ss

as just copied-

374:47:03

Pattern recognition, perhaps?

How about screenshotting it? Text is ambiguous at best - a screenshot is verbatim.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 16-Jul-14 13:18:39
Print Post

Re: Uptime or Time Connected on EE Bright Box 2

In reply to a post by eckiedoo:
A Copy/Paste this morning on my BB 2 shows-

INTERNET
Broadband Type Fibre
Broadband State Connected
Internet State Connected
Time Connected 407:38:34
Downstream Rate 40.00 Mbps
Upstream Rate 10.00 Mbps
IP Address 95.144.82.243
Broadband Username .......................
WIRELESS
So we have now established that your OP has nowt to do with a field named 'Established' or indeed the difference of the naming of the fields between the BB1 & BB2.

It is just that the same-named 'Time Connected' field has changed its format from specifically including 'days' on BB1 to increasing the hours on BB2 the account for the days.

Standard User eckiedoo
(committed) Wed 16-Jul-14 16:14:36
Print Post

Re: Uptime or Time Connected on EE Bright Box 2

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Yes, exactly.

I have not checked absolutely; but I suspect that the "Established" is a hang-over from the earlier Live Box, predecessor of the BB 1.

I have maintained a spreadsheet of those details from back in the Live Box days, on an irregular basis - about every two or three days, so some of the Parameter Naming in the spreadsheet started way back then, being (slightly) modified when the BB 1 took over.

I have not yet produced or recorded any of the BB 2 parameters, partly because I will have to modify the analysis of the "Time Connected" to accommodate the dropping of the Days element.

I use the result of that analysis to subtract it from the Date and Time of the new set of parameters, to establish the Date and Time of when any re-connection took place, looking for a series of (near-) identical results to confirm the most recent re-connection dating and timing.

One of those daft things, to get both a better picture of the performance of the Router/Modem involved; and also to extend my knowledge of Excel, although I have extensive experience of such parsing etc in various programming languages.

As I indicated before, when I was looking through the BB 2 Log, I was looking for the parameter continuing in the "dd hh:mm:ss" pattern, hence missing the new version presented as "hh:mm:ss" basically; although mine has been connected long enough to have reached the "hhh:mm:ss" stage.

Wonder what will happen when it gets to the "999:59:59" stage, although it has apparently coped with the transition from "99:59:59" to "100:00:00".

===================

Looking at the BB 2 SYSTEM LOG (ADVANCED~SYSTEM~System Log), there still seems to be a degree of "creep forward" with Logging Times.

For example, the System Log Time for my just logging in to "Admin" etc, is about three minutes later than the Computer Time, ie the Logged Time is-

15:48:54, 16 Jul. admin login success from 192.168.1.250

Biut the Computer Time was 15:46 ...

The Computer Time is in agreement with our Radio-Controlled clocks; and also mobile phones, so it seems that EE is using some other source.

Possibly glossywhite may be able to identify the source that EE is using for the BB 2 Date and Time.

==================

I have done a simple analysis of the WiFi Bands and Channels in use, as given on that System Log about three days back.

The System Log is apparently correctly recording when it changes its (primary) channel in the 2.4 GHz Band; and also when it activates and/or changes the (secondary) channel.

But in the 5 GHz Band, it is only logging the changes in that (primary) channel, never having logged anything for the (secondary) channel, although I have confirmed that the (secondary) channel was in operation, via inSSIDer on my lady-wife's laptop.

It does not log whenever a (secondary) channel in either band, is turned off.

========================

So my BB 2 seems to be working fine as observed by a user; but internally, there are still some problems.
  Print Thread

Jump to