User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User glossywhite
(member) Wed 23-Jul-14 23:05:27
Print Post

EE Bright Box 2 for sale - brand new *DELETED*

[link to this post]

Post deleted by MrSaffron

Edited by glossywhite (Wed 23-Jul-14 23:31:27)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 24-Jul-14 00:16:52
Print Post

Re: EE Bright Box 2 for sale - brand new

[re: glossywhite] [link to this post]

'Tis not yours to sell:
3.9. We will deliver the Equipment to Your Address. We will remain the legal owner of the Equipment which will need to be returned to Us once this Agreement ends.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
(member) Thu 24-Jul-14 00:30:13
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

With respect, Ray, I do not think it is your place to make a judgement call on what is or isn't my property. I know what EE have told me, and they told me to keep them both, but thanks for the advice.

Not that I am in any manner obliged to expand on your point, but seeing as I choose to do so, I would bring it to your attention that every single time EE have sent me new equiment, the advisor has told me to "keep it, do what you like with it or bin it".

3.11. Provided payment of the Charges is up to date and You followed the operating instructions and didn't cause the fault, We will either repair or replace faulty Equipment. If We provide You with replacement Equipment, You will need to return the faulty Equipment to Us within 14 days. Please see Our website or call Customer Support for our free postage options. If You do not return the faulty Equipment to Us within that time, We may charge You the replacement cost for the Equipment as set out in the Price Guide.

** Never ONCE have they requested that I carry this out, they say "keep it"

I take people at their word. If I was told to return it, then return it I would smile

Edited by glossywhite (Thu 24-Jul-14 00:40:27)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 24-Jul-14 00:45:32
Print Post

What judgement call? I make no judgements! I was simply pointing out a fact of your contract with EE. It will be your judgement call to ignore it.

We all know how trustworthy is the advice that CS renders over the phone.

Please don't start again steering a technical discussion into personalities.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
(member) Thu 24-Jul-14 00:58:50
Print Post

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
What judgement call? I make no judgements! I was simply pointing out a fact of your contract with EE. It will be your judgement call to ignore it.

We all know how trustworthy is the advice that CS renders over the phone.

Please don't start again steering a technical discussion into personalities.

Ray, I understand your point, and I see precisely where these things are written. I also know precisely what I have been told. I am not certain that you have taken the time out to clarify these points for my sake, however - I feel you just want to say something for the sake of having something to say, that I couldn't debate or disagree with you on. Were your concern for my honesty legitimate, I cannot imagine you would passively have allowed me to take apart this equipment for the furthering of the knowledge of its' inner machinations; were that point legitimate, I think you would have been on the ball and have said "Whoah! You shouldn't do that, really", but have never once done so. Therefore, I am suspicious of the legitimacy of your "looking out" for me, even though I cannot prove it - it seems as if you just wish to have one over on me, for whatever inane reason may so cause that to be.

I posted an appeal thread last year for a Bright Box 2 to hack - I didn't see you making an appearance in that thread, pertaining to the possible "legality" of my doing so or not, nor addressing the same "concerns" to possible donors.

Please, don't be a busybody - we may never get on or be friends, but I certainly don't want to see your name and say "Oh man, it's that bloke again" - you know, the one people tolerate but don't particulalry choose to engage with? I don't dislike or "hate" you my man, I just wish you'd have less of an opinion all the time - if you could just see to it that you keep your own affairs and conscience clear, I am sure we could avoid these meaningless and time sucking to and fro comments, which are merely thinly veiled negativity and implication.

I thank you for respecting that I have a conscience and I am also very glad that you do too - perhaps if you kept your focus on your own dealings, this unnecessary tension between us wouldn't even exist smile

Thank you Ray, I appreciate you say you're trying to help, but I would gently ask you to leave this to me.

Thanks you smile

Edited by glossywhite (Thu 24-Jul-14 01:01:49)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 24-Jul-14 01:22:14
Print Post

I comment on whatever topic takes my interest, not the poster. Contract law is one of my interests. I would have made to same response to whichever poster had I noticed it.

It is not my place to police your honesty; only to point out any relevant facts. I had no reason, or right, to stop you pulling a BB apart. Indeed I have absolutely no interest in the inner workings of routers and just glossed over it.

As it happens I was only made aware of EE's ownership of its routers earlier this year by someone in EE Exec. Office.

(member) Thu 24-Jul-14 01:39:11
Print Post

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
I comment on whatever topic takes my interest, not the poster. Contract law is one of my interests. I would have made to same response to whichever poster had I noticed it.

It is not my place to police your honesty; only to point out any relevant facts. I had no reason, or right, to stop you pulling a BB apart. Indeed I have absolutely no interest in the inner workings of routers and just glossed over it.

As it happens I was only made aware of EE's ownership of its routers earlier this year by someone in EE Exec. Office.

Okay Ray, sorry if I have mis-judged your intentions, I just thought you were having a subtle dig; apologies my man, sorry.

Maybe I'll contact them and ask where I may send my invoice to them for the cumulative days of my time which they have wasted by lying and leading me on frustrating wild goose chases - I'm cheap at £40 an hour... I'm sure they'd just re-affirm that I can keep the routers, instead, regardless of their deluded imagination that their routers are "Worth £95!" or "Worth £175!" - truly laughable, arbitrary marketing values to allude to.

Were these routers TRULY able to be sold by them, retail, for the quoted sums, I highly doubt they would have handed them out like sweets, as they do, for a lost value of between £95-175 per pop, multiplied by however many customers receive replacements. Going on their ridiclously inflated "worth", the total amount they would have "lost" by having sent me 7 or 8 Bright Box 1 devices, over the years, would be many orders of magnitude MORE than the grand total of ALL our EE bills, EVER... LOL!!

#marketinghyperbole

Edited by glossywhite (Thu 24-Jul-14 01:55:16)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 24-Jul-14 09:26:34
Print Post

Re: EE Bright Box 2 for sale - brand new *DELETED*

Irrespective of the rest of the thread - post gone to keep the ebay store at bay, i.e. let one hawk and we get inundated

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to