User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User samulam
(committed) Wed 27-Aug-14 10:15:51
Print Post

orange/freeserve setup

[link to this post]

Could somebody tell me where to find detailed setup for " Windows Live Mail" for windows 8.1.I have searched without success.There are two entries which I am not sure of. 1) under server button, the entry for incoming mail server. It require "email user name". Does it mean the email address?
2) Under the advanced button, how many minutes one should enter?
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 27-Aug-14 12:37:43
Print Post

Re: orange/freeserve setup

[re: samulam] [link to this post]

See Broadband email settings

Is your EE/Orange your ISP or are you just using an Orange email addy over another ISP? It makes a diff.

1) Answered in article.
2) Do you mean "Server Timeouts", the time to deem an email server as not responding? I use 1 min. which I think was the default.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User samulam
(committed) Wed 27-Aug-14 17:36:10
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Many thanks for the reply. Yes, EE/ORANGE/FREESERVE is my ISP. Just one question if I may, Can one maintain Windows Live Mail and outlook 2007 at the same time ? and if so what happens to contacts info? My WLM seem to throw errors all of a sudden.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 27-Aug-14 22:15:20
Print Post

[re: samulam] [link to this post]

You can run WLM & OL 2007 (and any other mail clients) on the same PC. Be careful if you are using POP3 for receiving and not leaving msgs on server that you could get confused by some of your incoming emails downloaded to one and not the other, as you would using different clients on different devices.

I believe each mail client keeps its own contact/address book but I don't know OL to that extent.

What errors is WLM reporting?

EDIT: But why bother with both of them? They have about the same functionality. Converge on the paid-for OL?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Edited by XRaySpeX (Thu 28-Aug-14 01:27:39)

Standard User samulam
(committed) Thu 28-Aug-14 21:28:31
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Occasionally when I access WLM it tells me that the email and passwords not recognized and need to be entered, and the request is repeated till I close the appl. The fault is intermittent. I assume that there must be some file corruption. I uninstalled the Mail part of Windows Essentials and re-installed it but the fault keeps occurring. So I am contemplating the installation of Outlook, or perhaps wait for the upgrade to WLM 2014 !
  Print Thread

Jump to