User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User white43
(committed) Thu 16-Oct-14 20:13:22
Print Post

Comments on EE Fibre

[link to this post]

I'm currently with Plusnet Fibre - the 76mb package. Costs me 19.99+15.95 line rental. I get Weekends free for calls.

EE have been pestering me lately to switch to them as I'm on T-Mobile. I wondered if anyone could comment on theh quality of their fibre connection? Package costs about the same(£20 for the first six months, then £34.95), but for the same price I would be getting anytime free calls, 1000 mins to mobiles and call to 30 international destinations.

Plusnet do do some traffic management, but only at an individual level, so across the whole network, so if I want to download a bittorrent file, I will get the full speed, unless someone else starts doing something. Is this what EE do, or do they hammer things thing bittorrent across the whole network?

Thanks

Virgin ADSL > F2S > Enta/ADSL24 > O-Bit/Vivaciti > AAISP > Sky > Plusnet
Plusnet Fibre Unlimited
Standard User professor973
(experienced) Thu 16-Oct-14 21:04:31
Print Post

Re: Comments on EE Fibre

[re: white43] [link to this post]

If you are talking torrents, I would swerve EE. Our EE connection blocks most sites, where our Freeola Enta connection does not. Customer service is also a nightmare, with lying in their inept dna.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 16-Oct-14 22:47:46
Print Post

Re: Comments on EE Fibre

[re: white43] [link to this post]

EE throttle P2P & Newsgroups, and possibly more at some exchanges. What exchange?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to