User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User DC34
(newbie) Mon 27-Oct-14 17:30:34
Print Post

Help - Migration

[link to this post]

Can anyone advise?

I have always had my broadband with BT but decided to go for a migration to EE

That was in August and here i am still waiting and now with no broadband at all since last week

Numerous calls and expedites to HLE team with no joy

I dont know what else to do now

Help

DC
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 28-Oct-14 19:32:10
Print Post

Re: Help - Migration

[re: DC34] [link to this post]

Let's get this straight:
In reply to a post by DC34:
now with no broadband at all since last week
So you had a BB connection from EE until last week and then it stopped?

Do you have a dial tone on phone from test socket with router disconnected?

What does it say in the top section of the initial Status page of BrightBox? Omit your Username.

What does the System Logs say?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User DC34
(newbie) Wed 29-Oct-14 09:37:46
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

I have a BT Fibre Connection

Migrated to EE and they incorrectly migrated me to a 40/2 Product which worked but was not great
They then told me that the circuit was not with them even though i was using the brigtbox?????
Bt confirmed that the cirucit had not closed off yet
EE told me that they needed to migrate the line - this they did which in turn killed the broadband
And now i have nothing - they have expedited twice with no joy and now need to get an engineer out - still awaiting a date for that
To top it all off after been offered 3 months free because of the mess that is happended i get a bill this morning for £35

Guys seriously i aint joking here i am thinking of going to see the doctor as this is stressing me out so much

I dont know what to do or who to go to

EE seem incapable of doing anything correctly

HELP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 29-Oct-14 11:16:34
Print Post

Sounds like EE issued a cease and planned to then issue a provide to get around what would probably have sorted itself in a few days, i.e. the job not been completed and then the connection speed could have been looked at.

Incorrect port speed settings is not unheard of and if reported as such Openreach can rebuild the port profiles and fix it.

Easy answer, tell them you will be pursuing for compensation and give them a deadline of two weeks, after which you will be taking your custom elsewhere and will instigate small claims to claim compensation. Do all this in writing and over the phone.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User DC34
(newbie) Wed 29-Oct-14 11:36:12
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

They have an engineer coming between 1pm and 6pm tomorrw

He will fix it and put me on WBC My god it just gets better doesn't it

I suppose if he gets that working we will then have a nightmare trying to get to Fibre

Why did i ever leave BT

This migration started in August

I sent the below email to the CEO on the 9th September and i am still waiting despite having 3 different case workers and numerous emails and phone calls
I have even had to spend money buying data for my EE phone as its tethered to my home PC

I would like to make a complaint about the terrible customer service I have received from your company.

I am currently a EE Mobile user and have had no problems at all

However recently I have been bombarded by calls about me switching from BT to your award winning broadband service.

I was reluctant to do this as BT and its broadband have been rock solid for me and have never had any need to change

However recently their speeds have been dropping and that coupled with your Amazon Voucher scheme I decided to take the plunge and migrate my broadband to you.
WHAT A MISTAKE THAT WAS!

I regret ever speaking to you people about this

I work for an ISP so now how this works you are reselling BTís Circuits so a simple MAC code from BT should ensure an easy Migration

No I look online and there is delay until the 23rd September for the migration this should take 5 days, I ordered this on the 3rd September?
Not a good beginning is it.

I called your call centre who had me in on hold for 12 mins, thatís how long it took him to work out that I needed to speak to someone in Belfast on the Fibre team
She then took 16 mins to work out they had no answer for me and had no way of knowing what was wrong with the order other than a problem with the address.
She was extremely rude, showed no empathy and couldnít even be bothered to call me back, would rather have me hanging on the phone at my expense
She said that they had no facility to make outgoing calls and had to many systems to check so I would have to hold or wait 24 hours.

When I said that I might cancel this order she didnít seem to care, you obviously donít need the business then?

How can this company win all these awards and not give a damn about their customers?

She had offered to have a manager call me in 24 hours, well thanks.

What do you make of this as CEO?

Look forward to your response
Standard User Stevenage_Neil
(committed) Wed 29-Oct-14 11:51:42
Print Post

I sympathise with your predicament, however, if I were writing to a CEO, I would first of all make sure my letter was gramatically correct!
Standard User DC34
(newbie) Wed 29-Oct-14 12:09:35
Print Post

[re: Stevenage_Neil] [link to this post]

There's always one isn't there

Thanks for your help Neil
Standard User Stevenage_Neil
(committed) Wed 29-Oct-14 12:31:47
Print Post

There's always one isn't there

No there are thousands, mostly in managerial positions.

You asked for help, I tried to give it!
Standard User DC34
(newbie) Wed 29-Oct-14 12:33:36
Print Post

[re: Stevenage_Neil] [link to this post]

Thanks Neil

Your a great guy
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Wed 29-Oct-14 12:56:12
Print Post

They have an engineer coming between 1pm and 6pm tomorrw

He will fix it and put me on WBC My god it just gets better doesn't it

I suppose if he gets that working we will then have a nightmare trying to get to Fibre

Why did i ever leave BT

This migration started in August
Info from BT, we created Wholesale Broadband Connect WBC, it offers you wide coverage across the UK with built-in flexibility. You can choose from ADSL, ADSL2+, FTTC or FTTP access. If you want fibre you choose FTTC or FTTP. wink

https://www.btwholesale.com/pages/static/Products/Br...

EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps unlimited. Sync 15282 kbps Downstream, 1276 kbps Upstream. thinkbroadband/SpeedTest
Bright Box ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by EE/Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router

Edited by E7er (Wed 29-Oct-14 13:02:06)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to