User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User GorillaWheels
(regular) Thu 06-Nov-14 12:34:23
Print Post

12 month contract ended yesterday.

[link to this post]

Afternoon all, just after some advice from you possessors of the knowledge.

I'm a current EE broadband, phone and mobile customer. My broadband & phone 12 month contract package ended yesterday, November 5th.
I've had no contact from EE to sign up to a new deal, nothing. I was waiting for phone calls expecting them to try and get me to sign up again, or upgrade to fibre, but not a dickie bird.

My real question is as I am now out of contract will my monthly charge stay the same as it was, or will it rise to what they currently charge for the same offer?
I get the unlimited broadband up to 17 MB and anytime phone calls + 1000 minutes to mobiles and 30 International destinations for £26.75 per month.
The same deal when I sign into the EE Broadband website is now £30.70, so £3.95 per month more than my 12 month deal was, I think there was some kind of loyalty discount as a longstanding customer since Freeserve days.

Can they just put up the monthly charge as the 12 month contract has ended, would that have been in T&C's?

I'm not sure whether to stay with EE or change to someone else. They aren't the cheapest for unlimited broadband or fibre, but on a slightly different issue I want to keep my "fsnet" email address as it is my main use email, has been for 15 years, if I left EE would I no longer be able to use it as it works via their servers?

Thanks in anticipation.
Dave

EE ADSL2+ 7.8 Mbps down / 0.94 Mbps up
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 06-Nov-14 15:40:22
Print Post

12 month Min. Term ended yesterday.

[re: GorillaWheels] [link to this post]

Your contract hasn't ended; only the Min. Term has expired. You will continue your current service on a rolling 30-days notice basis.

The T&Cs allow them to put the price up with 30-days notice but if it is detrimental to you you may cancel FOC within that notice period.

I have been on the same product for over 4 years with no price change except the increase of VAT one a few years back.

They are unlikely to cold-call you to get you to change unless they get especially frisky.

If you leave, you will retain your FSNet.co.uk mailbox and it can be accessed from any network with a suitable adjustment to its SMTP settings.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Edited by XRaySpeX (Thu 06-Nov-14 15:44:30)

Standard User GorillaWheels
(regular) Thu 06-Nov-14 19:23:23
Print Post

Re: 12 month Min. Term ended yesterday.

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Thanks for that XRaySpeX, answering my questions and setting me right about it being the minimum term that has expired, not my contract and the additional info.
I'm glad to hear my fsnet.co.uk mailbox would still work if I left, that's great news. I just assumed if you were no longer paying them as your ISP any related email address would be axed.

Dave

EE ADSL2+ 7.8 Mbps down / 0.94 Mbps up

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to