User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Kail
(regular) Tue 06-Jan-15 02:57:27
Print Post

Anybody Experiencing Network problems?

[link to this post]

As EE have no network status page that I can check and it is out of hours for tech support, is anyone else experiencing slow throughput at the moment? I know it is 2:30am but i can't get much out of it at all except slow loading web pages. Been like this for the last hour at least, I'm trying to view google maps and it just won't load the images at a usable rate.

Ran a few speed tests that provided differing results but only got back under half of what I should be getting...
Speedtest.net came back with 1.78Mbps.
ThinkBroadband came back with 2.25Mbps.

Than I ran the BT Wholesale test and it says I'm only getting 0.75Mbps and after the third test it still reported 0.75Mbps and told me to raise a fault with my service provider quoting the test results. My profile is currently 5.3Mbps, connected at 6Mbps. Upload seems completely unaffected and is higher than the download speed.

Do BT or EE have a network problem or just my line playing up again?

Edited by Kail (Tue 06-Jan-15 02:59:53)

Standard User Kail
(regular) Tue 06-Jan-15 11:22:08
Print Post

Re: Anybody Experiencing Network problems?

[re: Kail] [link to this post]

Things appear to have returned to normal this morning...

Speedtest.net at 5.13Mbps
ThinkBroadband at 5Mbps
BT Wholesale at 5.23Mbps

I know I should have been in bed wink but did anyone else experience a glitch last night?
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 06-Jan-15 13:46:53
Print Post

Re: Anybody Experiencing Network problems?

[re: Kail] [link to this post]

No, and I was online at that time. In fact I was streaming TV catch-up w/out any delays.

It was almost certainly a local issue.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Edited by XRaySpeX (Tue 06-Jan-15 13:48:17)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to