User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Kail
(regular) Tue 24-Feb-15 23:18:25
Print Post

New router interface?

[link to this post]

My EE BrightBox 1 router stopped working about 1 hour ago for a few minutes. All my web pages went blank next time they updated. I checked the connection and the broadband light was flashing. So I typed in the router's network IP to log in to see what it was upto, only to be faced with a new interface.

The EE symbol is bigger and has moved from the left to the middle of the screen with status, basic and advanced options placed either side of it in EE's new bobbily font, with a thick black line right across the screen just below it. Information is presented differently and takes a bit getting used to. It really has not changed that much. In fact the version numbers of the firmware read the same despite there being an obvious change.

I guess version numbers mean nothing to EE?

Our EETV claimed there was an update available a while back, downloaded and installed it but it still sports the same firmware number and date that it came with. Though it has clearly changed. We used to have to remove the power cord to reset it when it crashed (it crashes a lot). However it now resets itself after a minute or so when it crashes. It still crashes while watching any HD channel for a few minutes or if left on pause for too long, although the pause problem is now rarer. We don't use it to watch HD any more as it is obvious the EETV can't handle it, but a bonus is the monster of a power light now goes off completely if it has been in standby for a while. But like I say still no firmware version change to let us know something has changed.

Now it appears they are treating the routers the same way, we will just update it without telling you and at the most inconvenient time while your using it so you loose everything you were doing. Sarcastic thanks EE.

Note to EE: Your new font used for the menu's does not render very smoothly, the letters have an irregular feathered look. It looks very untidy.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 25-Feb-15 14:20:42
Print Post

Re: New router interface?

[re: Kail] [link to this post]

This recent firmware upgrade has caused incompatibility issues with existing user router settings, for DHCP Address Reservations & Wireless Bandwidth Control, as known to date.

See Brightbox 1 auto update affected DHCP Address Reservations.

So recheck all your own settings.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User Kail
(regular) Wed 25-Feb-15 19:24:23
Print Post

Re: New router interface?

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Thanks for that, everything seems to be running fine thankfully.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to