User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User LA7
(learned) Sun 01-Mar-15 16:44:22
Print Post

How to get rid of eetv box?

[link to this post]

EE gave me a EETV box before i left them I only plugged the box in to test it so looking to get rid of it can i sell it? or is it something that is locked and only suited to the local recycling center
Standard User Kail
(member) Sun 01-Mar-15 20:20:55
Print Post

Re: How to get rid of eetv box?

[re: LA7] [link to this post]

In short... Send it back to them or it could cost you.

I wouldn't sell it or bin it if I were you. Under the terms and conditions the box is theirs, you have to give it back to them at the end of your contract or pay for it in full. They were quoting it's value as £299 when they first introduced the box. It would be no good to anyone else other than a standard non-recording freeview box.
If we or you end this agreement for any reason, you must return the box to us. If you fail to return the box we will charge you for the replacement cost, including any reasonable costs connected with getting the box back from you
Don't hold your breath waiting for them to ask for it back though, I would ask them how they intend to collect it. I'm building a steady collection of Orange/EE routers, power supplies, etc. they have only every asked for one of them to be returned. They used to have a freepost address and all you had to do was stick it on your router box and take it to the post office. This was the case with the BrightBox router that came in a postable box, during the Orange days. I don't know about these days.

Like I say don't hold your breath, if they chase their hardware like EE customer services chases return calls then they will have probably forgotten about you already. I'm still waiting after 2 months for a return call about my faulty broadband.

There is also another point in the T&Cs that says...
If we donít need the set-top box back and you need to dispose of the box or any other equipment, then please give our customer services team a call so we can discuss responsible disposal.

Edited by Kail (Sun 01-Mar-15 20:28:42)

Standard User huggons
(learned) Wed 04-Mar-15 19:13:46
Print Post

[re: Kail] [link to this post]

If we donít need the set-top box back and you need to dispose of the box or any other equipment, then please give our customer services team a call so we can discuss responsible disposal.

I called EE today to renew BB contract and to ask what to do with old routers/equipment and they suggested that I bin it. Shame EE don't have a way to recycle their old equipment for those customers wishing to do so.
Steve

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User atherlon
(regular) Tue 11-Aug-15 21:44:02
Print Post

ive got 2 set top boxes , that wont record now im witrh sky , i asked ee customer service who said bin them , is there any way to make them work with sky fibre ??
Standard User glossywhite
(member) Tue 11-Aug-15 22:58:24
Print Post

Put a hammer through it and make sure you record it. You'll get a nice revenue from YouTube hits laugh
  Print Thread

Jump to