User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Wed 15-Apr-15 11:08:59
Print Post

EE Power Bar Launched

[link to this post]

The power bar is being launched on Thursday (16 April). From this date you can get it by...

Mobile customer: Text POWER to 365 (texts cost 35p).
Broadband customer: Text JOIN plus your EE landline number to 60005 (texts cost 35p).
Tablet customer: EE has yet to confirm how you can get it. It says this information will be available on launch date, we will update this story then.
Once you've sent the text you'll receive a code, which you need to show in any EE store to get the power bar.
You can't get the power bars in third party stores such as Carphone Warehouse and don't text the number until Thursday as it won't work if you do so now. smile

http://ee.co.uk/our-company/newsroom/2015/04/02/ee-g...

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/phones/2015/04...

EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps unlimited. Sync 15282 kbps Downstream, 1276 kbps Upstream. thinkbroadband/SpeedTest
Bright Box 1 ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by EE/Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 20-Apr-15 18:40:54
Print Post

Re: EE Power Bar Launched

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

They pretty much ran out of them over the weekend. I heard the figure of a million requests over the weekend, my local store only had a handful left at lunchtime on Saturday. I hear that they have more coming but not for a few weeks, I dont know iof they are still issuing codes, but those with unredemmed codes may have to wait for new stocks to be available.

Any ISP that thinks that selling my click traffic is acceptable is MisinPHORMed
VIVACITI 80/20 FTTC
SWPM PCP29 - Still suffering Random drops and intermittent high error counts

BQM - a lot less red these days

Edited by warweezil (Mon 20-Apr-15 18:44:13)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 20-Apr-15 19:23:43
Print Post

[re: warweezil] [link to this post]

Got mine, handy when out if the swapping system actually works, and size will fit into a pocket for when travelling in the summer. Of course EE benefit as people see the EE logo on tables as you charge the phone.

Plus my aging iPhone 5 needs a top up to get through a standard day when out of the home now.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Tazz_uk
(experienced) Mon 20-Apr-15 20:28:15
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Enjoy the 18 months contract with them wink make sure you return them or they charge you

"2.3 A Power Bar is made available to you on a free to hire basis, under the terms of this
agreement, for a maximum of 18 months. After 18 months, the Power Bar must be
returned to EE and the Service will end."

"When this agreement expires or terminates (for mobile or broadband customer this will
happen automatically if you chose to cancel your agreement with us for mobile or
broadband services), you must return the Power Bar to an EE store within 60 days. If you
don’t you’ll have to pay a charge to compensate us for replacing the Power Bar.
Currently this is £5. For mobile and broadband customers, this will be applied to your
bill. If you’re not an existing customer, we’ll contact you using the information supplied
to us when you joined EE Power and we’ll issue a bill for the cost of replacing the Power
Bar that has not been returned."

http://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/Help-PDFs/EE%20P...

BT Infinity 2 Broadband

Edited by Tazz_uk (Mon 20-Apr-15 20:31:00)

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 20-Apr-15 22:12:51
Print Post

[re: Tazz_uk] [link to this post]

That's a cracking revenue generator. I'm sure loads of these will be lost or thrown away with users unaware of the requirement to return them. Looks like the £5 charge can be increased too.

Oliver.
  Print Thread

Jump to