User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User samulam
(committed) Thu 14-May-15 22:41:14
Print Post

any body with freeserve email address and has IPAD

[link to this post]

After upgrading to IOS 8.3 on my IPAD, I can only have one email account. If I add an account for my wife, I get error message : "cannot get email, the account is in use on another device", where previously I had two accounts without any problems. Both email accounts are pop and has freeserve as part of the address.
I cannot find an answer on line. I tried Apple store, needless to say they refer me to Orange/EE. I think the new update has altered or added some extra security settings.
Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 15-May-15 00:15:16
Print Post

Re: any body with freeserve email address and has IPAD

[re: samulam] [link to this post]

I use Mymail on my Andriod phones and tablets for all my mail addresses. Seems it's available on the Apple store, as are many more apps I expect.
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/mymail-free-email-ap...

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 15-May-15 19:08:06
Print Post

Do you and your wife share the same mailbox, with diff names before the '@' of the same username? Maybe that's what it's getting confused by?

It's peculiar that any mail app would be limited to only 1 email a/c. As said look for another mail app.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 15-May-15 19:18:10
Print Post

The answer to your question is yes.

What exactly is your problem?

I actually collect email via fetchmail on a Debian (linux) server but view on my iPad. Can have a "play", if you advise further. wink

Keef- Sheerness Kent UK - EE via Technicolor TG582N

Previously - New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Plusnet, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet,
X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
===========
Standard User samulam
(committed) Sat 16-May-15 08:29:23
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

I have used the mail app provided by apple on the IPAD. Go to settings> mail> etc. As I said in my post the email account was functioning ok for both myself and wife till the update of IOS 8.3. Obviously if I have used a different mail client, probably I would have been OK. It is irritating, you follow the upgrade and troubles follow.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 16-May-15 21:17:17
Print Post

Over what network is the iPad operating? If it is a mobile network, you are using the port 587 SMTP, I hope?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sun 17-May-15 08:56:46
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

I think it's a POP3 problem - port 110/995

Edited by BatBoy (Sun 17-May-15 08:57:16)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 17-May-15 09:28:44
Print Post

Re: anybody with freeserve email address and has IPAD

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

It may very well be a POP3 problem but OP indicates that it is a setting-up issue not a run-time issue. Often giving the wrong port nos. causes the initial configuration to fail. Hence I reminded OP of EE's SMTP port when not using EE BB network.

Freeserve email doesn't use an POP3 port of 995 as you indicate. You are confusing it with GMail or Hotmail/Live.

Print Thread

Jump to