User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Mon 10-Aug-15 23:32:48
Print Post

EE Broadband Offer £1 per month

[link to this post]

Latest EE home broadband offer Unlimited EE Broadband & Calls Only £1 per month for 12 months Plus line rental from £13.75 a month if you pay 12 months upfront (£165), otherwise £16.40 Also includes weekend landline calls.

Where do we go next does the ISP pay the customer for having their broadband. wink

https://broadband.ee.co.uk/home.do

EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps unlimited. Sync 15282 kbps Downstream, 1276 kbps Upstream. thinkbroadband/SpeedTest
Bright Box 1 ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by EE/Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 10-Aug-15 23:39:52
Print Post

Re: EE Broadband Offer £1 per month

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

Sky has been doing free for 12 months just voice at 16.40 to pay and 50 or 100 vouchers far while

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 10-Aug-15 23:59:53
Print Post

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

A pound is daylight robbery for the service you get from EE.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 11-Aug-15 00:10:40
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

EE seems to do a good enough job s far as I'm concerned.... but I'm sure you have good reason to suggest otherwise...

WBC 3200/800
FTTC 63500/19999
FTTN 57344/3170
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 11-Aug-15 00:35:50
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mlmclaren:
EE seems to do a good enough job s far as I'm concerned.... but I'm sure you have good reason to suggest otherwise...

I think being an EE BB & phone customer at the moment is a good enough reason, OK when running right, but when not, Customer Services is like a visit to the funny farm lol

Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 11-Aug-15 00:50:48
Print Post

I presume this is on a line in the same market 1 area though?

As for the support, that's a hit and miss topic with all providers from the cheap to the more advanced... everyone's had an issue!

WBC 3200/800
FTTC 63500/19999
FTTN 57344/3170
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 11-Aug-15 07:43:34
Print Post

As for the support, that's a hit and miss topic with all providers from the cheap to the more advanced... everyone's had an issue!

No not at all, it's a line 400 miles north of here at our other property. Not market 1, but not fibre either with 7-8 Mb speed, which is usable.

Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 11-Aug-15 11:39:00
Print Post

In reply to a post by professor973:

No not at all, it's a line 400 miles north of here at our other property. Not market 1, but not fibre either with 7-8 Mb speed, which is usable.

Well...

I suppose everyone has issues with ISP's that others don't... still doesn't mean they are "daylight robbers" they are still "or atleast attempting too" provide a service in exchange for a £1...

It's worth noting that many would think providers charging inflated prices for a similar or even same service is more of a "daylight mugging" but it is what it is!

WBC 3200/800
FTTC 63500/19999
FTTN 57344/3170
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Tue 11-Aug-15 12:03:35
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Sky has been doing free for 12 months just voice at 16.40 to pay and 50 or 100 vouchers far while
They are all at it hijacking customers from each other with these special offers. I wonder if some customers do move from ISP to ISP for the 12 months only. smile

I am in a Virgin Cable area and almost every month they send by post A4 size marketing pamphlet with the offer of 12 months free TV and superfast fibre broadband, equal to £432.00 discount then £51.25 a month after that. Virgin phone line £16.99 a month required.

EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps unlimited. Sync 15282 kbps Downstream, 1276 kbps Upstream. thinkbroadband/SpeedTest
Bright Box 1 ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by EE/Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 11-Aug-15 12:08:44
Print Post

Agreed, but like many, I prefer to pay a realistic price, have good customer service and no silly long contract tie-in, when there is no real need for more than a month, even for fibre.
What I really am against, is all the loss-leading click-bait prices we see for Broadband, only to recoup the cost by loading line rental, which badly hits those less well off, many of them having no use for broadband. Roll on all lines being naked broadband with calls via voip. At least it would be a level playing field.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to