User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User glossywhite
(member) Tue 11-Aug-15 22:54:48
Print Post

Who do I believe at EE? (ordered WBC upgrade)

[link to this post]

Hello everyone. I am on exchange "EMCRANF", which CLEARLY states my number (which is with EE) **IS** WBC enabled, but EE don't seem to be able to make up their minds... YES/NO/MAYBE? Eh? Make up your MINDS, EE!

I have made a VERY clear request to EE:

ME: "Hello, I am on IPStream or 'adsl max', and because that is limited to 8Mbps, I wish to UPGRADE to WBC, which has a limit of ~17Mbps on my exchange"

EE dumbdumb: "But sir, your line can only support 7.5Mbps"

ME: "Er, noooo, you're reading that BECAUSE that is what I am getting NOW as my maximum, due to CURRENTLY being on a adsl max IPStream, which can't GO higher than 8Mbps, hence you (falsely) assume that is my limit, PERIOD" - idiot then tells me "But our site says you can get up to 11Mbps, but you can't as the test shows 7.5Mbps is what you are getting" Idiot is getting confused between CURRENT supported BRAS maximum, and POTENTIAL Max ***IF I WAS ON WBC*** (very arrogant little twerp WOULD NOT allow me to speak, after my calmly asking him MANY times to please ALLOW me the courtesy of explaining how I perceived it... ARGHH!!!!

This idiocy was bounced back and forth for about 10 mins, echoing around the empty void of the customer disservice advisor, who didn't seem to be able to comprehend SIMPLE LOGIC.

Anyhoo... I finally got through to a very charming, rational girl who told me "Yes, I can see your exchange IS WBC upgraded, it's OUR systems that are lagging behind". She put my order through, and PROMISED me "EE TV" (which is [AWFUL] anyway, as I have Roku - SUPERB) and then today they reversed that decision... [censored]? (and yes, I know I *was* "off-net" before WBC upgrade to my exchange)

Today some random Indian bod calls me with no clear purpose or direction, who then puts me through to someone else... you know the drill with these idiots, and then the poor bloke he puts me through to has NO IDEA why he is talking to me. Indian guy then keeps calling me back asking me "Did they give you a firm date for WBC upgrade?"

What THE?? Why are YOU asking ME? How about you tell ME You work for EE, numbnuts.

So, in short, (yes, this sounds like a rhetorical question) - are EE feeding me a line of BS, or am I actually able to GET WBC? BT Wholesale availability checker says this:

Additionally, they now tell me

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Number 01536330XXX on Exchange CRANFORD
Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 11 -- 6.5 to 15 Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 11 Up to 1 6.5 to 15 Available
ADSL Max Up to 7.5 -- 6.5 to 8 Available
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Other Offerings
Copper Multicast -- -- -- Available
For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line does not have left in jumpers.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact the Broadband supplier they want to take service from to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Note: Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.
Thank you for your interest.

Thanks everyone

Edited by glossywhite (Tue 11-Aug-15 22:57:42)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 11-Aug-15 23:03:37
Print Post

Re: Who do I believe at EE? (ordered WBC upgrade)

[re: glossywhite] [link to this post]

Current stats from adsl modem are?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(member) Tue 11-Aug-15 23:04:52
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Current stats from adsl modem are?

If I can get my WG834G to actually fully LOAD the pages in Chrome, I'll paste them here in a minute or so, thank you smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(member) Tue 11-Aug-15 23:19:40
Print Post

Stats screenshot:

http://1drv.ms/1hwrVVw

Margin calc results:

http://www.coolwebhome.co.uk/calc/index.php?param=RG...

Edited by glossywhite (Tue 11-Aug-15 23:48:39)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 11-Aug-15 23:54:43
Print Post

Looks like adsl2+ will give you big boost.

If EE wont understand then time to move

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(member) Tue 11-Aug-15 23:57:16
Print Post

Looks like adsl2+ will give you big boost.

If EE wont understand then time to move

Ah brill smile

My question was, though, am I correct in thinking my exch *IS* WBC enabled, and they're talking out of their socks? "EMCRANF"

Thank you. smile
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 12-Aug-15 00:13:38
Print Post

It look that way based on checker at least

(member) Wed 12-Aug-15 00:16:21
Print Post

It look that way based on checker at least

Ah, so they ARE confused, and misleading me? Sounds about right for EE.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 12-Aug-15 01:09:10
Print Post

Your line is capable of 18-19 Meg on ADSL2+.

The BT Checker says you can get WBC ADSL2+ at Cranford, so you can, from any BT-based ISP incl. EE. Tho' SamKnows, the normal bible of exchange capabilities, does not show WBC, but they are occasionally out-of-date.

The EE Checker, https://broadband.ee.co.uk/packages , also confirms that lines on your exchange can get ADSL2+, e.g. this property near exchange (which will probably be faster than you as I don't know your postcode):
Great news, we can offer you our 20GB capped broadband service. But because of where you live, we are unable to offer you EE TV.

This is what is available at your address:
X, Church Lane Cranford Kettering Northamptonshire, NN14 4AE Landline Number: NOT ENTERED

Broadband
10.0 - 19.5Mb/sec
Estimated download speed range*

From £24.95 per month
EE still consider your exchange "Off-Net" for historical reasons, so you will only be offered 20 GB limited usage at a price premium of £15 over "On-net" exchanges.

Have you looked in your EE Member's Centre for what it offers under "Change my Package"?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Edited by XRaySpeX (Wed 12-Aug-15 01:15:20)

(member) Wed 12-Aug-15 01:25:10
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
Your line is capable of 18-19 Meg on ADSL2+.

The BT Checker says you can get WBC ADSL2+ at Cranford, so you can, from any BT-based ISP incl. EE. Tho' SamKnows, the normal bible of exchange capabilities, does not show WBC, but they are occasionally out-of-date.

The EE Checker, https://broadband.ee.co.uk/packages , also confirms that lines on your exchange can get ADSL2+, e.g. this property near exchange (which will probably be faster than you as I don't know your postcode):
Great news, we can offer you our 20GB capped broadband service. But because of where you live, we are unable to offer you EE TV.

This is what is available at your address:
X, Church Lane Cranford Kettering Northamptonshire, NN14 4AE Landline Number: NOT ENTERED

Broadband
10.0 - 19.5Mb/sec
Estimated download speed range*

From £24.95 per month
EE still consider your exchange "Off-Net" for historical reasons, so you will only be offered 20 GB limited usage at a price premium of £15 over "On-net" exchanges.

Have you looked in your EE Member's Centre for what it offers under "Change my Package"?

Hello smile

EE told me I will get *unlimited* bandwidth, absolutely guaranteed it, as I've had that since day 1 (4+ years) - I pushed that point VERY hard, and made them re-iterate it about 6 times - YES, she said.

EE talk a load of cr** - they do so by default, and don't know what they're doing BY DEFAULT. I told them "Hey, 20GB? It's not 2004 any more ya know".

Call me "old fashioned", but was always of the opinion that people should STICK to what they promise, ya know, being a matter of honour and all that. Mind you, honour means nothing these days, lies is the default position - ANY lies to part the stupid customer with THEIR cash (our PERSONAL property, the money, and the company doesn't have a RIGHT to it).

These people make me fume.

Edited by glossywhite (Wed 12-Aug-15 01:29:19)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to