User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User huggons
(learned) Sat 29-Aug-15 22:39:13
Print Post

We released new firmware (software) for the Bright Box route

[link to this post]

See below from EE. I never received this update and I am on Runtime Code Version v1.00.10.0001-OT (Thu Dec 11 18:40:57 2014)

I did call the helpdesk and have wasted around 2 hours to be told that they would update me to 19.1.38 2015, only to be cut off. When calling back to then be told that there is no update and that tech support were not aware of the below and would not be able to view the EE webpage below!

Is anyone using a Bright box 1, on a newer version than Runtime Code Version v1.00.10.0001-OT (Thu Dec 11 18:40:57 2014) ?

Cheers

Steve

http://ee.co.uk/help/phones-and-device/home-broadban...

Bright Box router - about our firmware update

We released new firmware (software) for the Bright Box router in April 2015. There are no new updates planned.

Update Bright Box router

You don't need to do anything - we'll automatically update your router between the hours of 4am - 6am. If you turn your router off at night, you may like to leave it turned on. If not, don't worry - we'll also be updating routers during the day after a couple of weeks.

How do I know if the firmware is updating?

The update doesn't take long, so you probably won't even notice. At the end of the process, the router will re-start so you may lose your internet connection for a minute.
Standard User glossywhite
(member) Sat 29-Aug-15 23:10:09
Print Post

Re: We released new firmware (software) for the Bright Box r

[re: huggons] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by huggons:
See below from EE. I never received this update and I am on Runtime Code Version v1.00.10.0001-OT (Thu Dec 11 18:40:57 2014)

I did call the helpdesk and have wasted around 2 hours to be told that they would update me to 19.1.38 2015, only to be cut off. When calling back to then be told that there is no update and that tech support were not aware of the below and would not be able to view the EE webpage below!

Is anyone using a Bright box 1, on a newer version than Runtime Code Version v1.00.10.0001-OT (Thu Dec 11 18:40:57 2014) ?

Cheers

Steve

http://ee.co.uk/help/phones-and-device/home-broadban...

Bright Box router - about our firmware update

We released new firmware (software) for the Bright Box router in April 2015. There are no new updates planned.

Update Bright Box router

You don't need to do anything - we'll automatically update your router between the hours of 4am - 6am. If you turn your router off at night, you may like to leave it turned on. If not, don't worry - we'll also be updating routers during the day after a couple of weeks.

How do I know if the firmware is updating?

The update doesn't take long, so you probably won't even notice. At the end of the process, the router will re-start so you may lose your internet connection for a minute.

My version is the same as yours. Unless there's any specific features or benefits to be gained from a newer firmware (explaining these to you is WAAAAAAY beyond anyone at EE's remit or capability, so don't bother asking, LMAO), then I wouldn't bother worrying about when it'll update. However, it would be courteous of them to LET YOU KNOW WHEN... because we're not ALL dumbed down, mainstream TV and movie watching sofa plebs - some of us actually do REAL things with our connectivity, and see an interruption as HIGHLY inconvenient.

Edited by glossywhite (Sat 29-Aug-15 23:10:57)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 30-Aug-15 18:43:37
Print Post

Isn't 'Runtime Code Version v1.00.10.0001-OT' for a BB2?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User glossywhite
(member) Sun 30-Aug-15 20:09:10
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
Isn't 'Runtime Code Version v1.00.10.0001-OT' for a BB2?

Don't know, but I'm on a BB1 and it has exactly that runtime version.
Standard User Zak_
(member) Wed 02-Sep-15 19:47:41
Print Post

[re: glossywhite] [link to this post]

Same here, on BB1 and firmware is Runtime Code Version v1.00.10.0001-OT (Thu Dec 11 18:40:57 2014)
Standard User huggons
(regular) Wed 02-Sep-15 20:33:43
Print Post

Logged with EE as a complaint now, after a few more hours on the phone, being mucked about!
Should get a answer shortly.
  Print Thread

Jump to