User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User virginyousuckbad
(newbie) Sun 01-Nov-15 18:21:06
Print Post

Need some advice please?

[link to this post]

After reading this page even with free phone line install I'd rather pay the £60 so I am canning this idea of going with EE.

http://www.broadband.co.uk/broadband/providers/ee/re...

Edited by virginyousuckbad (Sun 01-Nov-15 18:25:52)

(newbie) Sun 01-Nov-15 18:23:03
Print Post

Re: Need some advice please? *DELETED*

[re: virginyousuckbad] [link to this post]

Post deleted by virginyousuckbad
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 01-Nov-15 19:07:09
Print Post

Re: Need some advice please?

Not sure what advice you are seeking. EE can provide a reliable fast, as your line will take, BB service but its support is atrocious. Only go with EE if you can support yourself.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 02-Nov-15 09:27:11
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

I'd second XraySpex comments. wink

Be prepared for some serious hassle if things don't go smoothly.

Keef- Sheerness Kent UK - EE via Technicolor TG582N

Previously - New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Plusnet, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet,
X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
===========
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Mon 02-Nov-15 12:36:50
Print Post

It's only yesterday I was thinking how really well my EE broadband connection is operating, no complaints here, considering what I pay for my broadband just £3.10p per month.

Account Charges per month
Broadband & Off Peak Calls Monthly Price Plan 23/10/2015 - 22/11/2015 £ 19.50
Line Rental Saver Credit 23/10/2015 - 22/11/2015 -£ 16.40
Total £ 3.10

How that price came about, one of EEs agents phoned me to see if I would upgrade my connection. I said no, as with my legacy contract I get weekdays evenings landline phone calls after 7pm free, but I would like to pay upfront for my Line rental. ( £13.75 a month if you pay 12 months upfront (£165), otherwise £16.40 per month) making a saving of £31.80p per annum. He said yes we can fix that up for you, that will make your broadband £3.10p per month. I said thank you! wink

My legacy broadband contract with landline rental and landline phone was £19.50 per month.

As standard with EE landline phone, you get included caller display and BT 1571 messaging service and weekend calls all for free.
Can any other ISP beat that for the price? Oh and on the website your account displays every phone call made and every minute and second charged all clearly displayed for landline calls and mobiles, I have two mobiles with them one with Orange and one with T-Mobile.

EE is the best ISP I have ever experienced, you get true value for money! I am one happy customer. smile
I hope BT don't mess it up when they take over. frown

EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps unlimited. Sync 15282 kbps Downstream, 1276 kbps Upstream. thinkbroadband/SpeedTest
Bright Box 1 ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by EE/Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router
(newbie) Mon 02-Nov-15 14:29:18
Print Post

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

the only thing that swayed me was the free phone line install but then I thought what if I get 18 months of hassle? I'd rather pay £60 and get a line installed and then just know it's better

Can I ask why, if they are so good, are you leaving?

edit

ah you mean when BT take over EE, not your line. Sorry I miss understood

Edited by virginyousuckbad (Mon 02-Nov-15 14:32:00)

Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Mon 02-Nov-15 14:44:23
Print Post

In reply to a post by virginyousuckbad:
Can I ask why, if they are so good, are you leaving?
Erm, sorry what gives you the impression that I am leaving? No I am not leaving EE, just stating I am pleased with what I get. wink

It's only yesterday I was thinking how really well my EE broadband connection is operating, no complaints here, considering what I pay for my broadband just £3.10p per month.

EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps unlimited. Sync 15282 kbps Downstream, 1276 kbps Upstream. thinkbroadband/SpeedTest
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Mon 02-Nov-15 14:59:07
Print Post

Ah, I see now! Are you sure you are not posting just to flash your moniker. ooo

Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 03-Nov-15 00:52:34
Print Post

In reply to a post by E7er:
EE is the best ISP I have ever experienced, you get true value for money! I am one happy customer. smile

Complete oposite here: must be the worst ISP I have ever experienced.

I just hope they don't muck your bills up the way they have mine.

Cheap deals are all well and good, but sometimes there is a reason for the price. wink

Keef- Sheerness Kent UK - EE via Technicolor TG582N

Previously - New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Plusnet, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet,
X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
===========
Standard User hairybarsteward
(learned) Wed 04-Nov-15 12:03:05
Print Post

Yep, don't go with this abysmal company. I have had a problem with daily drop outs for the last 13 months, EE have continually cocked up my complaint by not adhering to my requests (asking for email contact only as I worked night shift), not responding for anything up to 8 weeks, not passing relevant info to BT when required, passing completely incorrect and outdated info (by more than 4 years) to BT, failed promised call backs and engineer appointments that were not kept by EE/BT and now they have said that as I am not happy with the way they have "tirelessly strived to fix my problem" (hint its not fixed thats why I said the problem is still ongoing) that I should find another BB supplier. No hint of compensation for a service EE have failed to provide, no hint of compensation for my wasted time and loss of earnings due to EE/BT incompetence and they even had the cheek to ask me "to be fair" when I said I was taking it to The Ombudsman first and then most probably court as The Ombudsman is a bit toothless, 13 months is more than fair in my book.
EE are a total shambles from top to bottom and I would say to anyone considering them to AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Live fast, Die ...Auld!!
  Print Thread

Jump to