User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 02-Dec-15 00:19:35
Print Post

Support (LOL) time changes

[link to this post]

Just phoned EE support and got a new message re closed. frown

How long have they been closing at 11pm for?

Keef- Sheerness Kent UK - EE via Technicolor TG582N

Previously - New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Plusnet, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet,
X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
===========
Standard User Kail
(member) Thu 17-Dec-15 10:20:07
Print Post

Re: Support (LOL) time changes *DELETED*

[re: hk11] [link to this post]

Post deleted by Kail
Standard User Kail
(member) Thu 17-Dec-15 10:38:02
Print Post

Re: Support (LOL) time changes

[re: hk11] [link to this post]

Had a similar problem just recently possibly the same day. In the end I pressed a different button and talked to sales, as tech support said it was closed in the middle of the afternoon.

I was told by the sales guy that one of their call centres had a fire alarm go off and when that happens all the computers save their data, shut down and it is taken out of the phone network. Hence the message "this department is currently closed". Not that I'd call it a phone network, more like talking down a very long drain pipe. Sadly I've been told by them that almost all of the tech support is in India(?) so no chance of the line quality improving any time soon. frown

For a phone company they really are having a lot of issues with their phones. The other day I lost everything phone/broadband after BT engineer had been in the cab round the corner. I dialled 150 from my mobile, was charged 25p just to be told they could not transfer calls at this time as they are being dropped. Given a direct number that didn't work, so got charged 25p again just to be given the regular land line support number. I already had that and was trying to avoid calling it as I would pay by the minute on my pay as you go phone.

They make it almost impossible for you to contact them when you really need them. Currently on 8.3Mbps with a max download of a few Kbps, with mass errors after a loss of phone for a week, also waiting for fibre regrade since October and I've already been charged for it. Can I get through to (so called) tech support and understand them on their garbled phone lines, no can I heck, call sales and it is all peachy clear as is the retentions department. It's clear where EE's priority is and it's not it's customers.

EDIT: Struggling to post properly on this connection, hence deleted post.

Edited by Kail (Thu 17-Dec-15 10:58:17)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 17-Dec-15 13:04:23
Print Post

Re: Support (LOL) time changes

[re: Kail] [link to this post]

I've given up with getting any customer service from EE now and moved to Plusnet. Not ideal, but at least they do try and respond to customers?

Keef- Sheerness Kent UK - Plusnet via Technicolor TG582N

Previously - EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Plusnet, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet,
X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
===========
  Print Thread

Jump to