User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User geekonthepc
(newbie) Fri 15-Jan-16 11:46:41
Print Post

Exchange just upgraded to WBC - what happens next with EE?

[link to this post]

Hi all

First post - seen lots of useful info here so thought I'd ask a question.

I'm delighted to say at LONG LAST my local exchange (SMBTH) has just yesterday been enabled for WBC including ADSL2+ and Annex M.

I've been with EE (Orange/Wanadoo) for years now and currently get around 6Mbit/s download speed. I get a sync speed of 6.88Mbps with a 13dB line attenuation so I'm expecting a fairly big improvement from ADSL2+ as I'm very close to the exchange.

My question is what happens now? Obviously I'm keen to be upgraded asap but I want to know whether I just have to wait for EE and BT to eventually get round to upgrading or whether I can speed up the process at all? I'm guessing it could be weeks or months before EE do anything about it with no intervening action - I just wonder if anyone has ever had any success in speeding up the process?

Failing that - if I switched ISP, would that mean I was migrated when I switched now that it's enabled?

Many thanks in advance

Alex
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 15-Jan-16 12:20:13
Print Post

Re: Exchange just upgraded to WBC - what happens next with E

[re: geekonthepc] [link to this post]

You can pester existing ISP to switch you, but be aware the availability of ADSL2+ over WBC can take a while to trickle down the call centre systems. Its cheaper for an ISP to do people in bulk, but as WBC is cheaper per month for them anyway they usually will do it if you pester.

If you migrated to a provider using WBC ADSL2+ then they should put you onto the new speeds.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User geekonthepc
(newbie) Fri 15-Jan-16 13:01:59
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

That's very helpful, thank you. I've emailed EE on the off chance they might have something useful to say - we'll see what happens and I'll keep this post updated.

If nothing comes of it, I'll have to either wait or consider switching ISP.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 16-Jan-16 20:41:05
Print Post

[re: geekonthepc] [link to this post]

Knowing EE, they won't just upgrade you unasked. They will want a new min. term contract.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
  Print Thread

Jump to