User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User vwsplity
(newbie) Wed 06-Apr-16 15:30:52
Print Post

Thinking Of Joining Advice and Questions

[link to this post]

Hi,
Im currently on bt infinity 2 and frankly im happy with the speed and service (72mb down 17mb up rock solid albeit a month it went wonky) but i have been tasked (by the wife) with trying to save some money from our out goings. BT dont really wanna shift much of a discount- just come out of my 18month contact and its now gone up to £47 with line rental and BT will only go down to £42 a month. So i either go down to the 38mb service or look around. that bring me to EE who seem to be very well priced for the first 18 month contract. i have a couple of questions if anyone can help out?

1. from my understanding ee just resell the bt service so would i be getting the same thing really?
2. i heard EE traffic manage but i have also seen a pdf that says they don't traffic manage on the fibre product?
3. im sure like everywhere some people of good and some bad view on the EE service but is there any general consensus either way?
4. Am i still ok to use my own router and open reach modem? i had nothing but problem with the BT home 5

thanks for any help you can give
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 07-Apr-16 05:06:08
Print Post

Re: Thinking Of Joining Advice and Questions

[re: vwsplity] [link to this post]

1.Yes, physically but not mentally (see 3. below).

2.There is no TM on fibre.

3. CS can be atrocious. Script monkeys with not an ounce of nous of the technologies of BB.

4. Yes, but EE will send you a one-box combined VDSL modem/router. This is preferable than the BT OR fibre modem if you need to get router stats & errors in case of trouble.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Thu 07-Apr-16 12:04:44
Print Post

Re: Thinking Of Joining Advice and Questions

[re: vwsplity] [link to this post]

I've seen many complaints about they're customer service but that's pretty much the same with BT too...

How much is the deal with EE??

I would personally say stick with what you've got if it works well, a £5 discount from BT seems decent though looking into your usage and opting for a lower tier service may also be a good idea.

BTInfinity - 79999/19999kbps - Quality Monitor - Quality Monitor 2
VirginMedia - 77000/5250kbps - BQM L1 - BQM L2

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to