User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Shuttlemania
(newbie) Sat 04-Mar-17 08:12:02
Print Post

Re: EE/Orange eMail Closing 31 May 2017

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Thanks XRaySpeX,
It seems to be working. It says it will take several hours, so let's hope it completes the job.
I appreciate you taking time to help.
Richard
Standard User trolleybus
(experienced) Sat 04-Mar-17 09:00:37
Print Post

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
In reply to a post by trolleybus:
But then, are we comparing like for like? What storage quota do you get with 1&1? And does the hosting give you the option to have a web site?
No but 1&1 suits me to the 'T':
  • Storage: Same = 2GB.
  • Mailboxes: Only 1 with 1&1 but it's all I need as it takes multiple aliases.

Each to his own with your domain and hosting fees reflecting your choice/limitations. Should readers to this thread require more than a clone to your setup, then obviously the hosting fees will be marginally higher than the £21 pa you are paying.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 04-Mar-17 11:09:59
Print Post

[re: trolleybus] [link to this post]

Sarcasm doesn't become you! Your remark is out of context with the subject matter of this thread.

Should readers to this thread require more than just a replacement for Orange email that I have taken, I have given them a lead to a domain/email host where they can find more extensive facilities. Then obviously the hosting fees will be marginally higher than the £21 pa I am paying.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User trolleybus
(experienced) Sat 04-Mar-17 12:33:50
Print Post

Sarcasm doesn't become you! Your remark is out of context with the subject matter of this thread.

Should readers to this thread require more than just a replacement for Orange email that I have taken, I have given them a lead to a domain/email host where they can find more extensive facilities. Then obviously the hosting fees will be marginally higher than the £21 pa I am paying.

Your email of Fri 24-Feb-17 didn't convey the theme now presented, only to say the suggestion I put forward was expensive. I only sought to determine if we were comparing like with like. It turns out that each had different attributes with a resultant difference in price. Are we not permitted to clear up this confusion? Noting was taken out of context nor was there the slightest hint of sarcasm.
Standard User Zak_
(member) Sat 11-Mar-17 12:18:35
Print Post

[re: Zak_] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zak_:
Read EE's dedicated Help page for more information on the Orange Email closure

Thanks XRaySpeX for the heads up and I am very grateful as I am able to make a smooth transition in plenty of time.

To date I have not received any notification from EE about the closure of the EE/Orange webmail service.

I wonder if anyone has received any form of communication from EE regarding this matter?

Received email from Orange "Orange Email is closing, here's what to do"
Standard User eckiedoo
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 11-Mar-17 15:42:51
Print Post

Bearing in mind that your warning of the closure of the various EE e-mail servers was just over a month back, there are still no warnings on the most obvious location - the Login Screens.

I have just checked both Freeserve and FSMail.

Freeserve is particularly remiss in that it still invites New Users to sign up, as well as Existing Users.

Thus both Servers appear "normal", without the scheduled closures on 31st May 2017 being mentioned.

-------------------

Changing my e-mail address over the range of sites I access and expect e-mails from, has ranged from easy, to apparently impossible in a few cases.

It was however relatively easy informing my Contacts, sending out a suitable message, using the BCC (Blind Copy Circulation) addressing, so that it did not reveal my range of contacts to anyone.

In a couple of cases, the contacts came back asking what my new address is, not realising that it had been sent from that new address, although stated. So it may be advisable to include the new address in the body text, if using the same method.
Standard User eckiedoo
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 17-Mar-17 12:21:47
Print Post

At last, an e-mail from EE yesterday, 16th March 2017, that the "Orange" e-mail servers will be closing totally on 31st May 2017.

---

That e-mail in itself, is very poor, as it only states "Orange", so if one is not aware of the extended range of addresses, one could think that it did not apply to such as myself on "Freeserve" etc.

------------------

It is only if one follows up that a list of NINE Servers is given, with only TWO including "Orange"-

"
The addresses affected by the closure are:

Orange.net
Orangehome.co.uk
Wanadoo.co.uk
Freeserve.co.uk
Fsbusiness.co.uk
Fslife.co.uk
Fsmail.net
Fsworld.co.uk
Fsnet.co.uk
"

Interesting that a Telecommunications company can not Tell a Communication in a more Telling and Communicative manner!

-------------------

Anyone having to carry out this exercise may find the "Workshops" feature in Computeractive, Issue 497, 15 - 28 March 2017, of use, to get a comprehensive list of sites that may have to be accessed.

Edited by eckiedoo (Fri 17-Mar-17 12:39:07)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 18-Mar-17 04:26:22
Print Post

[re: eckiedoo] [link to this post]

Received notice for 2 Freeserve accounts last week but not yet for 1 FSMail.net.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Mon 20-Mar-17 09:57:49
Print Post

[re: eckiedoo] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by eckiedoo:
Changing my e-mail address over the range of sites I access and expect e-mails from, has ranged from easy, to apparently impossible in a few cases.

It was however relatively easy informing my Contacts, sending out a suitable message, using the BCC (Blind Copy Circulation) addressing, so that it did not reveal my range of contacts to anyone.

In a couple of cases, the contacts came back asking what my new address is, not realising that it had been sent from that new address, although stated. So it may be advisable to include the new address in the body text, if using the same method.
Thank you for that information, I had not heard of it before BCC (Blind Copy Circulation) addressing.
BCC (Blind Copy Circulation) addressing, can also be used with "Microsoft Windows Live Mail".

EE broadband WBC 17 Mbps unlimited. Sync 15282 kbps Downstream, 1276 kbps Upstream. thinkbroadband/SpeedTest
Bright Box 1 ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by EE/Orange.
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Mon 20-Mar-17 11:26:28
Print Post

if I am honest, I am surprised it lasted so long. It was around when I worked at Orange which was 2002

Edit, have you see the page at http://ee.co.uk/orange ?

For me it just shows "Range E-mail is Losing"!1 the graphic is messed up lol!

Edited by 23Prince (Mon 20-Mar-17 11:27:56)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to