User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User samulam
(committed) Mon 19-Jun-17 21:00:44
Print Post

upload speed issue

[link to this post]

I recently upgraded to EE fiber ..Initial speeds were very good, download 35 meg and upload about 13 meg. However currently, the upload speed gone down to pre fiber level of 1 meg. Any ideas of what might have caused this.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 20-Jun-17 00:11:15
Print Post

Re: upload speed issue

[re: samulam] [link to this post]

Can you check what speeds the modem is saying it is connected at?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User samulam
(committed) Tue 20-Jun-17 09:40:46
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi, my Bright Box2 shows: downstream rate 40 mbps and upstream rate 1.19 mbps. Just after upgrade to fiber and using this site speed test,I registered, downstream 33/37 mbps and upstream 13/16 mbps.
When I run this site speed test it shows an error code 4136( unexpected upload behaviour !! check you have an internet connection and try again!!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 20-Jun-17 10:44:35
Print Post

[re: samulam] [link to this post]

That error code happens when in the 8 seconds of upload testing we see less than 2 samples, we should see around 20 to 40 samples.

This suggests something is wrong with the upload side of things, i.e. combined inference from poor upload connection speed and the speed test oddity.

Time to chase EE support after you've checked that switching to the test socket to see if this improves the upload and ensuring all the other sockets in the home don't work.

Does pressing submit on things like searches and other interactivity on the internet feel a bit slow?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User samulam
(committed) Tue 20-Jun-17 17:49:31
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi, many thanks for your reply. I contacted EE. After various tests, I was asked to reset the router, and the reading went up to upload 36 and download 8.1. She also promised to ask the engineer to check the cabinet!! and will let me know in two days.
  Print Thread

Jump to