User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User deanobaj
(newbie) Thu 08-Feb-18 16:37:40
Print Post

Previous tenant's fibre & line still active?

[link to this post]

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone has come across this before....

My brother has just moved into a flat. When he signed papers etc a couple of weeks ago, we thought we'd get the ball rolling and sign him up onto EE fibre 38mb so by the time he moved in hopefully he'd be close to be up and running with internet.

He was told his activation date is 12th Feb, however he's got the EE router already so thought he'd plug it in to see if anything would work. The line was active and internet was coming through with very fast speeds - so we thought EE have already made the line active. Fine with us.

I then asked him to do a speed test just to see exactly how fast his internet was, and to my surprise he was getting 66mb download and 18mb upload - it baffled me slightly as he signed up to a 38mb package and at the end of the speed test it detected the provider was Talktalk.....?! I was surprised to think a talktalk internet line would be active and working through the EE router.....

Could it be that this is the last tenant's internet package still running on the line and it'll probably switch over to EE on the activation date (12th) ? And assuming he's not breaking any laws, should he continue to use until the 12th?

Edited by deanobaj (Thu 08-Feb-18 17:18:31)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 08-Feb-18 18:05:14
Print Post

Re: Previous tenant's fibre & line still active?

[re: deanobaj] [link to this post]

TalkTalk does no authentication so if you plug kit in it will often work, most likely previous person left and connection will stop once TalkTalk find out they've gone, e.g. done a runner and not paying bill, or their 30 day notice period ends.

Your order should over ride existing service

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User deanobaj
(newbie) Fri 09-Feb-18 11:01:18
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Ah brilliant, thanks for the confirmation smile

Fingers crossed the switch-over will happen without much downtime.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Fri 09-Feb-18 13:14:15
Print Post

[re: deanobaj] [link to this post]

Happened to me also with the previous tenants talktalk, we used and didn't even notice the switchover happen.
  Print Thread

Jump to