User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 28-Apr-18 00:44:36
Print Post

Re: Is the EE "Smart Hub" the *SAME* as the BT "Smart Hub"?

[re: glossywhite] [link to this post]

Did you say somewhere that the EE SH is the BT SH version B? If so I can't see it now, but FYI:

There are two versions of the BT Home Smart Hub; one designed for FTTC customers, the Smart Hub 6A, and the others for FTTP, the Smart Hub 6B. The way to tell is by looking at the yellow LAN connectors. The FTTC version has four. The FTTP version has one converted to a WAN port. This is identified with a Red sticker over port 4. However this does not prevent it being used just for FTTC.

It follows that the EE SH is the same as the BT SH 6B.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Edited by XRaySpeX (Sat 28-Apr-18 00:45:48)

Standard User glossywhite
(committed) Sat 28-Apr-18 04:26:45
Print Post

Re: Is the EE "Smart Hub" the *SAME* as the BT "Smart Hub"?

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
Did you say somewhere that the EE SH is the BT SH version B? If so I can't see it now, but FYI:

There are two versions of the BT Home Smart Hub; one designed for FTTC customers, the Smart Hub 6A, and the others for FTTP, the Smart Hub 6B. The way to tell is by looking at the yellow LAN connectors. The FTTC version has four. The FTTP version has one converted to a WAN port. This is identified with a Red sticker over port 4. However this does not prevent it being used just for FTTC.

It follows that the EE SH is the same as the BT SH 6B.

Hi Ray.

Yes, that's what it is - it reported itself as "Hub 6.0B" on Windows DLNA devices page. Oh, and yeah - it has one of the four ports with a red "WAN" label above it, specifically port #4.

News: My EE SH has reinvented itself as a digital desktop heater with funky disco lights... in other words, when I was probing for a UART output I must have fried something, as it makes a very quiet buzzing it didnt before (no shorts on the board, looked many times) and no ethernet connection shows up to my PC. I took extreme static handling precautions, as always.

Ah well, it'll be useful to dry my socks on tongue

PS: Here you go, you can hear the nice buzzing it's making... haha!

https://soundcloud.com/glossywhite/ee-shub-buzzz-201...

Edited by glossywhite (Sat 28-Apr-18 04:47:02)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to