User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Realalemadrid
(member) Tue 17-Apr-18 16:29:28
Print Post

Re: ADSL to FTTC regrade overdue now

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Codelook site does state that cabinet positions are not accurate but just a general postcode area so not the actual cabinet location. Mine was actually spot on when in the planning stage but changed after activation to an incorrect post code so a long way off!
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 17-Apr-18 16:41:58
Print Post

[re: Realalemadrid] [link to this post]

I'm going by the map, as did OP, not just the postcode.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User Realalemadrid
(member) Tue 17-Apr-18 16:58:14
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Perhaps I did not make it clear enough for you, this is what the site says .....

"The map shows green circles for the general area of each cabinet or exchange link, not the specific location of the cabinet."

Happy now?

Edited by Realalemadrid (Tue 17-Apr-18 16:59:56)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User glossywhite
(committed) Tue 17-Apr-18 17:19:36
Print Post

Green dot misplacements aside, I just had a call from my Openreach engineer who's at the bottom of my road ... connecting me to cabinet #4, and he asked me to connect up my Smart Hub, which of course I've done. Again, cabinet #4

laugh
Standard User kitcat
(experienced) Tue 17-Apr-18 18:18:29
Print Post

[re: glossywhite] [link to this post]

Glossywhite

This gives us a different picture.

Cab 4 is a new AIO cab that has been connected into your local cables, so while you were on Cab 3 the cables had been rerouted into ( and out of) cab 4, This will affect all those in the same ( usually 100 pair but could be times 2) cable.

OR will have a list of all DPs affected and their systems will reflect the fact that you are connected to Cab 3 but would be served off cab 4 for FTTC. The BTW system will still see Cab 3 but will give the correct estimate for the DP connected to cab 4 ( as estimates are by DP or pair) .

If you look at the checker in the future it will ( should) now show cab 4.

The insertion of a Cab 'downstream' of an existing FTTC cab is still a fairly rare event ( must be a couple of 100 out of over 80000) so we are still learning how the OR and BTW systems reflect the changes as people migrate. ( We have to reverse engineer from the scenarios we get told).

Except for people like on this forum the cab you are served from is of no interest to most people, what is important is the speed they can get.
Please remember the speed test as this will improve this sites view of the speeds at your postcode as well as confirm yur estimate.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 17-Apr-18 18:29:24
Print Post

[re: kitcat] [link to this post]

Don't spot any mention of the exchange, as was going to check what I had position wise for cab 4

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User kitcat
(experienced) Tue 17-Apr-18 18:39:42
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

From his posted Estimate up the thread.

EMCRANF

Cranford Kettering.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 17-Apr-18 19:29:23
Print Post

Actually you didn't. You spoke only of postcodes not maps.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Edited by XRaySpeX (Tue 17-Apr-18 19:30:58)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 17-Apr-18 19:40:17
Print Post

In reply to a post by kitcat:
so while you were on Cab 3 the cables had been rerouted into ( and out of) cab 4
Are you saying they have been completely removed from Cab 3 or do they still go via there for the voice? Cuz later on you say:
If you look at the checker in the future it will ( should) now show cab 4.
@glossywhite: What does the BTw Checker say now for your phone no?

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 17-Apr-18 20:33:21
Print Post

In which case I believe its outside the Memorial Hall cabinet 4

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to