User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User SpartaGates
(regular) Sat 21-Apr-18 13:13:05
Print Post

Very quiet forum; hows the service?

[link to this post]

My contract is up with Plusnet and EE seem to be doing some good deals and I am tempted to give them a try. I'm in a rural location and only get about 2mb on BT old legacy adsl so I tend to swap around to keep the price down. Given BT own EE and its all the same wires I would hope that this forum being very quiet indicates that things are OK at EE? Any opinions are welcomed before I jump ;o)
Standard User glossywhite
(committed) Sat 21-Apr-18 21:00:22
Print Post

Re: Very quiet forum; hows the service?

[re: SpartaGates] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by SpartaGates:
My contract is up with Plusnet and EE seem to be doing some good deals and I am tempted to give them a try. I'm in a rural location and only get about 2mb on BT old legacy adsl so I tend to swap around to keep the price down. Given BT own EE and its all the same wires I would hope that this forum being very quiet indicates that things are OK at EE? Any opinions are welcomed before I jump ;o)

EE are great. I have had them since 2011, and they've never failed me. I am the type who will switch overnight, if you stiff me - NO second chances - and they've never failed to deliver a stellar service, both in terms of cost & performance/customer service. They ABOLISHED Indian call centres over a year ago, so you have none of that nonsense to battle with, now.

They ALWAYS save me money (and have issued my LARGE rebates and goodwill credits to buy WiFi equipment, routers etc, when their routers didn't work out well.)

They're polite, courteous, informative and efficient... oh, and human... so yes, the odd mistake gets made, but remember this (if you get negative opinions, en masse, from others) - YOU ONLY EVER hear the voicing of NEGATIVE feedback, LOUDLY, online, as a rule - rarely VOCAL positive feedback (and lest we forget, British people LOVE a good gripe and a whine, and a good grumble - personally I find that a repulsive trait of a nation, overall - people will see this as "a given" that we're like that, with no hint of a need to change - I digress...)

I'd recommend VERY strongly, and continue to do so.

Cheerio smile all the best!

Edited by glossywhite (Sat 21-Apr-18 21:05:35)

Standard User Realalemadrid
(member) Sat 21-Apr-18 21:38:29
Print Post

Well if you believe the nonsense from Glossywhite you'll believe anything. EE are a low budget BT sideline who have very little technical competence in terms of customer support so I would be very wary of giving them any consideration. But the choice is yours.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BuckleZ
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 21-Apr-18 21:51:52
Print Post

I wouldnt touch them, and I worked for them for a while.

Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Sat 21-Apr-18 23:00:41
Print Post

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/ee.co.uk

https://www.reviews.co.uk/company-reviews/store/ee

https://www.broadband.co.uk/broadband/providers/ee/r...

(committed) Sat 21-Apr-18 23:03:02
Print Post

[re: Realalemadrid] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Realalemadrid:
Well if you believe the nonsense from Glossywhite you'll believe anything. EE are a low budget BT sideline who have very little technical competence in terms of customer support so I would be very wary of giving them any consideration. But the choice is yours.

How about promoting your own ideas and thoughts on athe questions asked, in a balanced manner, instead of stooping to being immature with passive aggressive derision? Let's not be spiteful or childish.

thanks.

@SpartaGates:

You'll find.a.somewhat overwhelming population of grumpy, grey-haired know-it-alls on ThinkBroadband; I can only advise you that they'll out themselves without any assistance, please pay them no mind, misery loves company, so they come here seeking it. You'll find SOME happy, cheerful, helpful people who don't attack the opinions of others, but you may have to wade through the swamp of BS to find them; I hope you have endless patience and thick skin.

Edited by glossywhite (Sat 21-Apr-18 23:07:43)

Standard User IanBB
(committed) Sat 21-Apr-18 23:17:47
Print Post

[re: glossywhite] [link to this post]

Did you miss this?

EE are a low budget BT sideline who have very little technical competence in terms of customer support so I would be very wary of giving them any consideration
Standard User BuckleZ
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 22-Apr-18 00:23:55
Print Post

These forums are quiet not cause EE customers are happy, it's due to the lack of them!

Standard User jdigz7
(member) Sun 22-Apr-18 02:43:05
Print Post

Was with EE for about a year on fibre was fine download speed wise but they had extremely bad routing to alot of servers 300ms peak time pings and packet loss and had no intention of changing anything so while it was nice and cheap it was also not ideal if suddenly your ping goes to 300 and you get packet loss.

Budget options depends on the takeup in your area.
(committed) Sun 22-Apr-18 03:07:07
Print Post

[re: jdigz7] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jdigz7:

Was with EE for about a year on fibre was fine download speed wise but they had extremely bad routing to alot of servers 300ms peak time pings and packet loss and had no intention of changing anything so while it was nice and cheap it was also not ideal if suddenly your ping goes to 300 and you get packet loss.

Budget options depends on the takeup in your area.

My EE pings have *ALWAYS* been around 10-14mS, without fail, over 7 years. It depends where you are, as with anything else, and with configurations. One person's pings does not equate to a bad ISP; that's a subjective opinion of EE and of your particular situation (and you may have bad lines, WiFi congestion, your network poorly configured (you're a stranger - we don't know your technical capabilities), not a balanced one.

Edited by glossywhite (Sun 22-Apr-18 03:09:31)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to