User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 25-Apr-18 01:31:37
Print Post

Re: Is USB flaky on EE Smart Hubs?

[re: glossywhite] [link to this post]

It's OK. The USB in my EE SH now appears under Win Explorer Networks. It hadn't before. Didn't do anything special. Only funny is that the router is called a PC named "BRIGHTBOX2". Some residual memory?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 25-Apr-18 01:54:40
Print Post

Re: UPnP / DLNA very, VERY flaky on EE/BT Smart Hubs?

[re: glossywhite] [link to this post]

The default DHCP range of routers usually leaves a gap at the bottom end to accomodate devices with a self-fixed IPs, just such as your DLNA server. In fact, it should have worked as it was. That's what it's there for.
In reply to a post by glossywhite:
now I've extended my range to: .1 to .253
I should start the range at at least .2; the router itself is .1. Otherwise you could get IP clashes.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Edited by XRaySpeX (Wed 25-Apr-18 01:57:41)

Standard User glossywhite
(committed) Wed 25-Apr-18 03:39:34
Print Post

Re: UPnP / DLNA very, VERY flaky on EE/BT Smart Hubs?

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
The default DHCP range of routers usually leaves a gap at the bottom end to accomodate devices with a self-fixed IPs, just such as your DLNA server. In fact, it should have worked as it was. That's what it's there for.
In reply to a post by glossywhite:
now I've extended my range to: .1 to .253
I should start the range at at least .2; the router itself is .1. Otherwise you could get IP clashes.

Ah, thank you. Actually the SH is .254, same as the old BT Hubs; I do not know why...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to