Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User FireFalcon
(experienced) Sat 05-Mar-11 19:07:23
Print Post

Re: Homefront

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

TBH i reckon homefront will be the same, frontlines (their previous game) was purely 360 focused the PC version was so dire it was worse than blackops on the PS3.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Sat 05-Mar-11 19:24:13
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mrnelster:
I've also looked at BF3 today and that looks like it kill off COD permanently! Probably go for homefront in the meantime though, as black ops lag is driving me mental. frown

I hope COD keeps on being peoples choice so that all the brats stay there and leave us alone

=TLP=Swanny
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sat 05-Mar-11 19:37:01
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

I was not conviced about this game myself Falcon up until i saw the last multiplayer trailer which was released just a few days ago.

Have not looked into what the developers have done before but that Frontlines was not a good game and its something i never bought after seeing it in motion and reading the average game reviews.

Could go 2 ways here.............It will be really good or it will be another also ran and be in bargin bins really quick...............I hope its the former to be honest.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User FireFalcon
(experienced) Sat 05-Mar-11 21:29:09
Print Post

More of the former is always good as it drives more and more nails into the long over due coffin of CoD
Standard User krazykizza
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 05-Mar-11 22:14:49
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Like the plot.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
AOL > Virgin Media > Tiscali > Falconnet > UKFSN > Norfolk Internet
2mbps > Shapped 512k > 1mbps! > 6.5mbps > 4.5mbps > 6.5mbps
ADSL Joy. 31db att, 9db SNR, EntaFail.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 06-Mar-11 01:39:10
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

Cod Come November is going to have to be pretty dam good from the guys what are left of in Infinity Ward.

Battlefield 3 looks mighty special on the limited video and screenshots that have surfaced.

Infact i would take a gamble that Battlefields is going to be the new King of console FPS and take CODs Crown this time around.

Modern warfare was a great game on release lets not beat about the bush here,but on the Playstation at least its been totally ruined by hackers and only next week after nearly 18 months are IW addressing the problem for Playstation gamers.

They have done themselves absolutly no favours with the console crowd and i fear that many thousands of gamers will boycott there future products unless they are mind blowing games.
Standard User mrnelster
(regular) Sun 06-Mar-11 10:37:01
Print Post

Modern warfare was a great game on release lets not beat about the bush here,but on the Playstation at least its been totally ruined by hackers and only next week after nearly 18 months are IW addressing the problem for Playstation gamers.

They have done themselves absolutly no favours with the console crowd and i fear that many thousands of gamers will boycott there future products unless they are mind blowing games.

Totally agree T2D. COD4 Modern Warfare is a superb game. Pity that all the new COD incarnations got taken over by the money men!

There are many other great games out there but to me it's the control system that made COD so successful. The speed and weight of control are excellent. Whenever I play other games, no matter how much I enjoy them, returning to COD felt easy and like coming home!

I loved Killzone 2 and thought the controls were extremely realistic. In MP however that isn't what you want. And it compounds the horrible feeling of lag when it occurs.

Many of us loved the modern contemporary weapons, but I believe that if KZ, BFBC etc. had the same responsiveness of control then COD would not be as successful as it is today. Killzone is amazing to look at and will take a lot of beating from a console standpoint.

PC games played with a mouse can obviously deliver the fastest and most responsive controls. No doubt about that. But for people that can't find the time/funds to make the most of that platform, it's about making the best of a joypad.

From a console gamers point of view, it's the weighting and responsiveness of the control system that makes it so great to play. It's just a pity that that pick up and play very quickly format attracts all the lager lout gamers aswell.

Any thoughts? smile

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Mon 07-Mar-11 17:34:13
Print Post

Must admit after watching a few vids now I'm not sure I am going to like this :/
I prefer BFBC2 because of it's slower pace away from the spawn die of COD but homefront looks like it might just be another spawn die frag contest

=TLP=Swanny
Standard User krazykizza
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 07-Mar-11 18:12:09
Print Post

I watched a video from the creators that say your spawn location changes and your constantly moving around the map, angles change and things look different so i guess the maps are gonna be pretty big. Maybe MAG style.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
AOL > Virgin Media > Tiscali > Falconnet > UKFSN > Norfolk Internet
2mbps > Shapped 512k > 1mbps! > 6.5mbps > 4.5mbps > 6.5mbps
ADSL Joy. 31db att, 9db SNR, EntaFail.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 07-Mar-11 18:24:19
Print Post

Thats why i was concerned Swanny and after i watched the single player video the game does not look half as good as the multiplayer.

Game ships in 2 weeks so it will be a nice surprise or a dent in the wallet ?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to