Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mrnelster
(member) Fri 18-Mar-11 18:49:28
Print Post

Re: Homeplugs

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

@ Lt Swan

I'm a fully registered electrical contractor.

They should work across any circuits in the property, using your consumer unit (fusebox) as the bridge between the circuits.

I am planning to use some next week to send 8 number video camera feeds from a first floor recording and control unit to a ground floor monitor/mouse/keyboard set up.

Try Maplins website and they will give you online answers to any application/setup questions you may have. wink

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Fri 18-Mar-11 18:58:05
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

HomeFront to Homeplugs? Nicely done. laugh

Alternatively, you can get something like this.

The Devolo dLAN 200 has built in wireless so you don't need to hook everything up individually by ethernet cables after.
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Fri 18-Mar-11 19:05:51
Print Post

Re: Homefront

[re: ilh] [link to this post]

75-100 world. That makes sense and is much clearer than what I was trying to say.

Cheers. laugh

I wonder how game ratings has changed over the years? It'd be interesting to see if there was an upward trend of higher marks being awarded over time. Maybe even see if certain publications had increased their average ratings?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Fri 18-Mar-11 19:13:30
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

T2D is right. Very informative post FireFalcon. We are all agreed I think.

Well, my own strategy is to wait for games to go down in price to what I consider an acceptable amount to pay depending on the title and on how much gameplay I'd get so I guess we're all much like that except for good old T2D who will buy any old rubbish then quickly flog it if he doesn't like it. wink

Just kiddin' T2D! tongue
Standard User mrnelster
(member) Fri 18-Mar-11 19:28:41
Print Post

Re: Homefront Initail First Thoughts

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

When do you hope to get a better connection then as it sounds like you are on a wireless connection,thats how long it used to take me untill i invested in some Homeplugs.

In the next 4-6 weeks if it isn't delayed any further frown

No it's the same either way, hardly any better using wired.

Just a very long line and overcrowded exchange! Home plug type units are great though. Seen them used for non wifi enabled gear such as video monitors. Gonna try that myself on a job in a couple of weeks time.

Crysis demo still downloading after 3.5 hours. Just bought homefront for ps3 so gonna give it a whirl tonight! I'm glad you like it. Nice to have a properly unbiased opinion on games that don't get the "unbiased" reviews. Shame that the 138MB update has been going for 45 mins. Doh!

Roll on fibre. Been quoted 35down and more importantly 10up!
Can't come soon enough for me. smile

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Edited by mrnelster (Fri 18-Mar-11 19:31:21)

Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Fri 18-Mar-11 19:53:51
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

What you gonna do with all the bandwidth when you get it then? Throw a party?

35 down and 10 up seems a heck of a lot. I wouldn't know what to do with it myself tbh. I used to have 2 megs up on my old BE profile (annex m) but now just use their cheaper unlimited package as I never got round to hosting any games or anything that would use the faster upload speed.

I don't torrent at all and reckon the overall amount I download each month is going to be well under my old more active average of 30GBs or so. Hmm....

Anyway, 10 megs up and 35 down sounds terrific all the same. Let us know how it goes but don't make us too jealous!

Oh yeah, I remember your primary concern might've been latency so let us know how low you can go with your ping. Hope it resolves it all for you - it's a long time suffering and I know how it feels to have a ropey internet service from poor providers.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 18-Mar-11 20:09:26
Print Post

The update is only on the playstation version,something to do with problem with servers,funny they released the long awaited Crysis 2 demo only on Wednesday and majority could not connect to the servers on that game.

Bad news mrnelster...............after only 2 days EA have pulled the demo from the store because of the server issues claiming they know what is wrong and they will have it sorted for the retail release of the game next week.

The more i hear about xbox 360 v Playstation and Crysis 2 the more i am tempted to go with the 360 version once and for all,especially now with these server problems.

As for Homefront mate i am sure you will find a lot of fun online as there is much to like and admire about the game from what i have played online [Rank 11] it should not have recieved such low scores as this mode is really quite good.

Edited by time2die (Fri 18-Mar-11 20:14:40)

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 18-Mar-11 20:13:32
Print Post

Been the avid gamer you sound i bet Christmas will have come early once they sort out your connection,sounds like you will be going from someone with basically dial up speed to one of the fastest around ...............Just like that .

You know whats really strange though,11 years ago to the day virtually i was playing my sega dreamcast and Quake 3 arena on a 28k modem [dial up] and i can not really recall any lag issues...

Was only 4v4 but what a lot of fun at the time and online gaming on consoles was not how it is today.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 18-Mar-11 20:16:15
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by SPOOKish:
HomeFront to Homeplugs? Nicely done. laugh

Alternatively, you can get something like this.

The Devolo dLAN 200 has built in wireless so you don't need to hook everything up individually by ethernet cables after.

Yeah i though that also Spook wink
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 18-Mar-11 20:28:20
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

You know me very well Spook and basically i can not disagree with your statement as basically its true tongue.

I do know a turkey when i see one though ,but i have made quite a few mistakes in the past with games i have not taken to.

Bought GT5 because its Gran turismo [But i hate driving games] apart from Burnout

Bought a lot of rpg but i get bored,Mass effect 1 and 2 are brilliant but i just get bored with them to quickly.

It has to be mighty special for me to persevere with a game and finish it,most likely to do with i buy to many as the temptation to a new game is like a drug.

Even considering one of those new Nintendo 3DS even though my eyes don't seem much better than Mr Magoo.

Bought the original Nintendo ds and every upgrade thereafter but hardly play them.

Its a gaming gadget and i love gadgets especially Game related.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to