Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User wy2k
(committed) Thu 13-Jan-11 15:39:02
Print Post

DC Universe Online faulty disc(s)....

[link to this post]

Ok so I just got my copy today in the post from Game, came to install it on my PC everything was going ok till I came to disc 3 to discover that my computer could not read it at all hence I had to cancel the install and return it to game.

So anyone else got there copy yet from Game or where ever and having to return it cos of a faulty disc etc?

just wondering if i'm the only one or its going to turn in to a common problem.
Standard User Jaxx281
(member) Thu 13-Jan-11 16:04:49
Print Post

Re: DC Universe Online faulty disc(s)....

[re: wy2k] [link to this post]

I cannot believe I haven't seen ANYTHING about this before until now! Maybe I did in the past but just didn't realise! Tempted to get a copy of it, but stopped playing MMO's after I got sucked into WoW, will have to check it out online....

Sorry, I know this isn't helpful to what you asked, but I love a few DC characters so I'm intrigued now!

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 13-Jan-11 16:28:51
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

If you had a PlayStation 3 and PlayStation plus Jaxx you could have played the beta that took about 4 hours to download,i got bored and gave up when i realised and its not really my type of game anyway and the only reason i tried to download it was it was free to play in the beta for Playstation plus subscribers.

If you have not got Playstation plus then dont bother as basically its a complete load of garbage for a extra £40 a year with content you have probebly already purchased or have little to no interest in.

Apart from the few beta going there is very little in there to warrant £40.

The only reason i have kept Spliter Cell Convition 360 was to play the beta for the new Ghost recon game Future soldier that should have been released for beta last December if not before.

Bulletstorm next month are trying to tempt people with the special edition to play the beta for Gear of War 3....................

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User wy2k
(committed) Thu 13-Jan-11 16:56:00
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Well I agree it may not be worth paying full price for if you get it for under £20 (PC verison) like i did from Game as I had some loyalty points saved up with them.
Then its worth a go to see if you like it or not also its free to play for up to 30 days. After which its like £10-15 a month.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 13-Jan-11 17:05:18
Print Post

You telling me you got to pay a monthly subscribtion to play this DC Universe Online ,if so then that Sucks...
Standard User wy2k
(committed) Thu 13-Jan-11 17:14:17
Print Post

Yeah most online games require you to pay a monthly sub and those that don't put limits in place e.g. lord of the rings online.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 13-Jan-11 19:03:27
Print Post

I don't know of any console games that charge a subscription to play monthly online,i know pc game WOW you have to pay but that's about it as far as i knew.

Are you suggesting that this DC Universe on consoles is going to be subscription to play...........mad

Just had a quick look at the online retailer i use and the bottom paragraph rings true to what you say...............Oh my god i do hope this is not the future and to be perfectly honest and no disrespect to you as you have the game i hope it bombs BIGTIME.
I just can not see this doing well on consoles with a monthly subscription of £10 and as far as i am aware THIS IS A CONSOLE FIRST.........and I'm not on about paying a year subscription to xbox live to play neither.

What a dam cheek this is and i suspect its going to get other publishers on the band wagon to do the same.

Just took a look at the game play on youtube and i know Graphics are not everything but this looks like a playstation 1 game from about 10 years ago.............And they want people to pay for this.................

Edited by time2die (Thu 13-Jan-11 19:25:12)

Standard User FireFalcon
(experienced) Thu 13-Jan-11 22:36:45
Print Post

DC Universe online WILL be pay to play on consoles as its an MMO, its an MMO on PC and it'll be an MMO on consoles - I dont think it will be same realms for all platforms though, expect platform dependant (i'm not 100% on realm details, you'd have to check yourself).

Final fantasy 11 was an MMO on consoles as was phantasy star online.

Graphically on consoles sacrifices will have to be made due to the amount of network traffic and other people/customisation that has to be rendered. I would imagine voice would be the primary communication too.

BTW the PC had a free beta too, closed one and one for preorders.

wy2k - Surely you can download the rest of the game? Faulty disks do happen, i'd check the dev's forums if its a wide spread problem, but i'd imagine theres some sort of method in place to download the rest of the files.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 13-Jan-11 23:34:28
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

Its a bad time Falcon for the future of gaming and i think that the next COD in November and a hole host of others will start charging soon.
Standard User wy2k
(committed) Thu 13-Jan-11 23:45:19
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

not sure I can download the rest of the game as you suggest, at least not with out paying for it again. Anyway I'm now waiting on a replacement copy so fingers crossed that won't be faulty.
I know it might not be an excellent game or do very well. But since I managed to get for £12.50 (I redeemed Game points) and the first month is free, thought its worth a go smile.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to