Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 18-Jan-11 00:48:49
Print Post

Here We Go...First Map Pack Black Ops..

[link to this post]

Exclusive for the xbox 360 for the first month starting 01/02/2011.

http://www.callofduty.com/intel/435

Edited by time2die (Tue 18-Jan-11 00:51:16)

Standard User Jaxx281
(member) Tue 18-Jan-11 10:02:10
Print Post

Re: Here We Go...First Map Pack Black Ops..

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Haha that's awesome, why is it exclusive to Xbox? Looking forward to a new zombie map!!

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 18-Jan-11 11:54:21
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Every map pack that has come out for the Cod games over the past few years gets exclusivity for a month because Microsoft pays for the privilege,then Come March it will go out to the Playstation and Pc World.

If your impatient and love these sort of games then i guess its another reason to go out and invest in a Xbox 360 if you can not wait.

But if like me you like choice in Exclusive games for different systems then you have both anyway and i already traded the inferior looking Playstation version of Black Ops a few days after release for the much improved 360 version.

With so many games out in the next month or so and a Bulletstorm demo a week today i may wait and download it since i dont play BO that much at present.

But being the way i am and i do like the look of the map pack i may get it straight away depending how much time i spend on Little Big Planet 2 this week ,dead space 2 a week later followed by Bulletstorm and Killzone 3 in March along with Deux revolution.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Jaxx281
(member) Tue 18-Jan-11 13:00:42
Print Post

Ah right fair enough! The new map pack does sound good, I like the idea of the bridge that blows up, the zip lines, the turrets etc. the maps need to be more interactive, that's what COD is missing at the moment. The thing I always loved best about Battlefield was blowing a house to bits when someone was camping inside, hopefully COD will go more like that in the future!

Standard User krazykizza
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 18-Jan-11 13:17:20
Print Post

I'm perfecting my skills on the current ones for the moment, a month should be plenty of time before I itch for some new scenery wink

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
AOL > Virgin Media > Tiscali > Falconnet > UKFSN > Norfolk Internet
2mbps > Shapped 512k > 1mbps! > 6.5mbps > 4.5mbps > 6.5mbps
ADSL Joy. 31db att, 9db SNR, EntaFail.
Standard User FireFalcon
(experienced) Tue 18-Jan-11 18:02:45
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

It sounds good but it seems most of those maps are bias towards sniping/camping, just what CoD needs more of right? I don't like zombies either, i'd rather run a l4d campaign.

TBH i'm prolly gonna skip it, Black ops was a naff game, i'd rather not dedicate more cash its way - maybe if its crazy cheap, interactivity is great, but it still won't solve the rest of the fundamental flaws with its gameplay.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 18-Jan-11 20:32:13
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by FireFalcon:
It sounds good but it seems most of those maps are bias towards sniping/camping, just what CoD needs more of right? I don't like zombies either, i'd rather run a l4d campaign.

TBH i'm prolly gonna skip it, Black ops was a naff game, i'd rather not dedicate more cash its way - maybe if its crazy cheap, interactivity is great, but it still won't solve the rest of the fundamental flaws with its gameplay.

I thought BO was so bad that sold my copy, even if I a copy I wouldn't give them another penny until they fixed the rubbish they have now smile
But the sheeple will be waiting with money in hand to snap up the next batch of pants

=TLP=Swanny
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 18-Jan-11 23:30:08
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Swanny i could swear you thought it was really good on release and it was me that was negative regarding the game even though i think the game is ok at present..............Not Brilliant but good fun with certain game modes.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 19-Jan-11 09:53:10
Print Post

With all the multiplayer games it is down to who you are playing against.

Made it 50 on PS3 version, start Xbox on Thursday hopefully, and will comment on differences then.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 19-Jan-11 11:12:58
Print Post

I much prefer Battlefield BC2 smile

=TLP=Swanny
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to