Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Jan-11 09:38:28
Print Post

A Gaming Headache ?

[link to this post]

All us Gamers know and look forward to future releases with a lot of anticipation and in some cases we get quite excited at the thought of a new game dropping through the letterbox at a particular time.

Apart From this coming March and a certain date 25/3 which to many of us that buy games could prove to be a very expensive week.

Looking at what is released on that day we have 57 games,yep that's a lot and obviously there are many games that do not appeal.

But there is at least 7 games i would like on that particular release date which are listed below.

Batman: Arkham City
Brink
Crysis 2
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
inFamous 2
Max Payne 3
Red Faction: Armageddon
The Last Guardian

These release dates are considered accurate and only 1 game in my opinion will slip and be put back and that is the Playstation Exclusive The Last Guardian which is probably my most looking forward to game.

Why Publishers do this is anyone's guess especially in the time of a economic recession .

I have bought 2 games on a release date and never really had a time when so many potential quality games get churned out all at once,obviously when reviews of the above games start doing the rounds it may make matters a little more easier and be lighter on the pocket,smile.

Full list can be seen here.....

http://ps3.nowgamer.com/release-dates/listings/games...

Edited by time2die (Thu 20-Jan-11 09:40:06)

ISP Representative DanB
(isp) Thu 20-Jan-11 10:38:01
Print Post

Re: A Gaming Headache ?

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Crysis 2, I wonder if Crytek will create it in such a way that everyone will have to upgrade their PCs again! smile

Still, having finished the original, last night (picked it up in the Steam sale), I'm definitely looking forward to it. Just got to hope my current gaming PC will run it well enough...

Regards,

Dan B
---------------=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=---------------
ZeN Office 8000
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User FireFalcon
(experienced) Thu 20-Jan-11 18:09:29
Print Post

[re: DanB] [link to this post]

We probably won't since they scaled the cry engine back to run on consoles wink.

Deus ex will be one to watch, as will batman as long as it sticks to a similar format as the first.

Max payne 3 will probably come off for the worst, the standard set for the first two was pretty high, i predict it will turn into let down in terms of story, multiplayer might have something for people to play but i doubt it'll last long.

Red faction Armageddon i suspect will do on par with guerilla, i'm not sure how theyre going to big up the destruction though as the whole thing is underground and such, might come off being a let down vs guerilla.

Last guardian and infamous i can't really comment on other than last guardian will likely slip to Q4 if not 2012 Q unknown. Infamous... did the original do great? I think it'll just be more of the same.

I don't think it'll be so much of an issue, some of these games just need to be given a week or so to see how their reception goes.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User aldabright
(newbie) Mon 24-Jan-11 08:32:36
Print Post

I don't think these games are headache, i love playing games, in no matter way.

The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long
copy games
realtek audio driver
Standard User ccxo
(learned) Mon 24-Jan-11 09:54:49
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
Apart From this coming March and a certain date 25/3 which to many of us that buy games could prove to be a very expensive week.

The date is a holding date that games publishers use when games are pushed back, basically the date is first quater 2011. You will see alot of those games move from that date later into the year.

So no need to worry should have plenty of money and time to play each game as they come out.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 24-Jan-11 12:22:22
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

These dates are virtually cast in stone but i agree that 1 or 2 may slip by a week or so or may be longer.
Standard User Jaxx281
(member) Tue 25-Jan-11 09:22:15
Print Post

No, ccxo is right, they use that as a "holding date", 57 games in one day would be a bit ridiculous don't you think? wink Look at your list then wiki the games you want, you will get a better idea of the date, for instance, Arkham City is due to come out Q3 this year.

Standard User Jaxx281
(member) Tue 25-Jan-11 09:23:39
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Oh forgot to add, I have been looking forward to Max Payne 3 for ages but don't think it's going to be released this year, maybe not even next frown

Print Thread

Jump to