Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 20-Jan-11 18:32:22
Print Post

HDNL strikes again

[link to this post]

Apparently my XBox and bits were delivered at 12:14 today, but no sign of a parcel or delivery card through the door.

Oddly there was an anonymous white van that arrived, turned around and left (within 10 seconds) at that time.

So HDNL ruins what is otherwise good Amazon service. Oddly HDNL have previously been good delivering to this address, if you include just dropping parcel by the front door and running away.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 20-Jan-11 19:06:36
Print Post

Re: HDNL strikes again

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

At least they didn't leave your phone in your recycling bin, popping a card through the door stating they left it in a "safe place".

Shame that "safe place" was then collected and phone vanished.

Driver said it had been delivered and getting them to pay out compensation to the sender (who refused to send another as I had apparently signed for it), was not easy.

Matt

-
uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 20-Jan-11 21:07:05
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Well Amazon has come back with nothing, and a 10p per minute call to HDNL did not result in the promised return call 'once driver has been interviewed'

Given Amazon until Friday 4pm to resolve, at which point will request order cancellation, and ensure a chargeback is applied by credit card firm if Amazon has billed it already.

Don't mind slow deliveries, when you select free postage or such, but next day should be next day.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 20-Jan-11 21:10:32
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Don't mind slow deliveries, when you select free postage or such, but next day should be next day.

That gets my goat too. Ordered something from Expansys last week, site says order before XPM and guaranteed next day delivery. Ordered at 2am on Tues, expected Wed, wasn't even shipped until 6pm from France(?) but was delivered Thursday.

Called them, they argued it was next day from shipping when the site says from order - they gave in and refunded. Naughty.

Matt

-
uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 21-Jan-11 11:31:33
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Given them overnight and now HDNL national phone system just hangs up after a minute or more of waffle

Called Amazon and they peddled the line investigation is under way and will take around 48 hours to complete. How hard is to reconcile what has been brought back to the depot...unless it has been stolen/wrongly delivered.

So has been a good seven or so years using Amazon but time to go elsewhere now.

Cheap prices and reasonable service I stay, bad service I go elsewhere and tell others about the bad service.

Standard User Locky
(member) Fri 21-Jan-11 12:00:24
Print Post

they did this to me but with a jane slalom pram and car seat (VERY expensive) left it in my garden !! i was in 2 minds wether to ring up and say i had not recieved it !

horrendous company
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 21-Jan-11 12:03:47
Print Post

[re: Locky] [link to this post]

I did wander along path to check door steps of neighbours and nothing, so doubt it was simply dropped by kerb

off to blockbuster later this afternoon - do blockbuster take old games for trade ins?

Standard User Locky
(member) Fri 21-Jan-11 12:20:06
Print Post

i think so, yes
Standard User Jaxx281
(member) Fri 21-Jan-11 13:56:55
Print Post

Yea they do, not bad value at Blockbuster either to be fair, they do a lot of 4 for £20 deals and sometimes have some good titles! They are a bit expensive for brand new games, but always guaranteed a decent service at my local one.

In regards to HDNL, they are pretty poor, hear a lot of bad things about them and how they manage their staff and warehouses.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 21-Jan-11 13:58:54
Print Post

I really dont understand why people rave on about Amazon as there are far more better online retailers out there with a brilliant delivery record.

I have been using Shopto.net for all my gaming needs for the past 2 years and not once have they failed a delivery and each and everytime i order a game from them i get it before release date.

Was playing little Big Planet 2 Thursday evening and there service is exceptional,i can only comment on the service that they have supplied to me but its been fantastic
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to